Discussion:Do you guys plan out each episode?

Do you guys plan each episode of y’all story?

Well,I’m writing a new story and I think about the ending and what’s the episode is going to be about but sometimes I just think while I write!! What about you guys?

5 Likes

I don’t. I usually just plan the beginning and the end. But, lately, I’ve been trying to change that. I tend to freestyle my stories which works in my favor, but I tend to get writer’s block a lot.

1 Like

I put bullets point for each episode so Ik how long my story is gonna be and I have low changes of getting writer’s block

3 Likes
3 Likes

No I usually just know some parts about the episode and where I want the story to go to. But usually I just go with the flow.

1 Like

Whenever I plan, I plan how I want to begin and how I want to end. I mainly have a general outline of what I want to happen. I think the hardest thing though is when you try to do a series of endings based on previous choices throughout the story.

2 Likes

Yep, scene by scene.
Sometimes it changes when I actually write, but I spend time working out the main point of each scene before I start to write the episode.

(Before this, I plan out the entire story- the main points and ending.)

2 Likes

Yeah but I only have planned out in my head for right now later on I’ll write my ideas down but it is good to plan each episode.

2 Likes

Yes. I plan EVERYTHING. down to the last detail. Even the dialog and directing

1 Like

I want to say I do but looking back at my past episodes the best scenes came to me while I was already coding and weren’t planned at all so I’m more of a “basic outline, go with the flow of the scene” kinda gal

I plan out the main events and some of the dialogue (not word by word, just the general idea of them). It’s definitely good to plan, that way you can avoid writer’s block and you can foreshadow events and add more meaning to them. However, you don’t need to plan EVERYTHING. I don’t really plan all episodes. Some episodes are added just because it feels like that’s the best. You can’t get to everything when you first plan, so it’s perfectly okay to wing some dialogue or add in extra scenes to add to the plot.

3 Likes

Not really, I have big imagination and something just pops up in my mind and start writing it out of my head until i get a writer’s block :rofl: :rofl: :bomb:

1 Like

I use this template

(https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1tErqkv5Q5IUaVccTXzRAGyFSGD10NwoKK7FQFR86QYM)

1 Like

For my first story I had a script for almost every episode. From start to end, of course I ended up adding more scenes and more characters when I wrote it on episode, but having a script really helps. However, it takes some time to write it.
As for my next stories, the plot is planned in my head and I did write down major scenes, but not like the first one.
I think a script gives you safety , and it can save you from writer’s block^^

I do! It helps a lot

I use MaryDsava’s story planner, and it’s just muah

Share me the link

1 Like

For myself, I plan general ideas that I want and need to hit through out the story. I did start planning each one out but I found I started losing interest in the story.

Short answer: Yes, I outline every chapters events. Then I write out the dialogue in a notebook, and then I code from there.

1 Like