Discussion: Do you need art scenes? Over Use of Art Scenes

My honest opinion about art scenes is that they’re not needed nor necessary!!! They’re only showed for a few seconds. It takes forever to make :crazy_face: I know those stories like The Teacher has amazing art scenes so you think I should too. It’s annoying too when authors use art scenes at random times. You shouldn’t have an art scene every chapter. It’s pointless and ruins the story for me.

As an artist I personally stopped taking art scenes.

My thoughts are to use them at the most importantl part of the story!!! Not random moments :joy: also I think it’s fine if you use them to introduce a character (only if the character is important) Most Art Scenes are over used!!!

What do you think?

Please let you know if there’s another topic like this only discussing art scenes so I ask to close this so it can merge.

Not a request thread

18 Likes

Yeah. I’ve had people recommend me stories with like 70% art scenes. The only time I’m using one so far is to introduce the MC and LI.

2 Likes

My story will have art scenes but not every chapter. lol

2 Likes

Yeah that’s fine unless it’s random :smile:

Is it like an important part of the story?

1 Like

but yeah, art scenes are not really that necessary, but if you want to include it, then its your option.

2 Likes

I like art scenes but I’m that kind of person that is going to show them off in every episode like:
READERS LOOKS AT THIS ART SCENE
10 episodes later
SHOWS SAME ART SCENE FOR NO REASON AT ALL
:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Ik but I just feel bad for the artists who do it free and people some miss use them

1 Like

:joy:

2 Likes

I dont think they will feel bad, besides, their improving their art. Its practice, and they still want to improve on it, so it isnt that bad.

1 Like

Lol yeah I guess that’s true :joy:

1 Like

lol.

1 Like

I think it’s so funny when a story says “Art scenes in every episode”.:joy::joy:

You only need about 3-5 in the entire story.

5 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

depending on how many episodes there are.

2 Likes

Personally, I don’t care for art scenes. I don’t think a story with art scenes makes it better than one without. I can appreciate the talent of the artist… but as you said, I find it unnecessary.

It’s also annoying when you cannot change a character’s skin tone because of art scenes (even more so because, as stated, I don’t care if a story has them or not).

11 Likes

yeah, I agree. I am an artist myself. and wanted to do a few art scenes in my story. but I fell like too many people use it too much and ask for them and say that they need it . its a very toxic behaver .and make entitled people who think they deserve free art. there are many real artists who live of selling art there has this problem with people asking for free art an make a scene when they refuse.

and art scene is not necessary for your story and many times I fell like the people having them dont even deserve them. I just read a story where she could not even spot the characters right some was standing in the middle of a wall. but she did have art scenes

and others who keep asking for the free art and someone says they wanna do get told they are not good enough because they want super realistic art. which is at the level where you pay for it which they won’t

and let’s talk about cc, if the story has art scene it should not have cc cause if the characters not at all look like the art it kinda ruins it. and they offer credit and exposure like it is worth something. credit is something you shall give even if you paid for it

4 Likes

Damn, I’ve never read a story with that many art scenes. In fact, somehow, barely any of the stories I read have art scenes lmao.

4 Likes

I feel like art scenes are used a lot more because of Mette…

5 Likes

I personally hate art scenes. When done well and, as you said, have important meaning to the story. They’re fantastic! But I don’t need art scenes, it’s taking the easy way out of coding the scene. I don’t wanna read narration over a picture :roll_eyes: It’s also VERY annoying when it’s CC and then the art scenes come about and the character (obviously) looks nothing like how you designed. I get it! You said there will be art scenes, but if you are going to give me an option to customize I will customize. Being able to put a version of yourself into the story is one of the best things about Episode in my opinion. I get art scenes at the end of chapters, that aren’t really art scenes but sorta, for credits and stuff. Say you have a picture of the original character doing something at the end and then you say credit to ------ for this overlay and credit to ------ for the cover etc. That’s okay but then again not really art scenes.

8 Likes

I agree

1 Like