Discussion: Do you need art scenes? Over Use of Art Scenes

i haven’t made any, did not get to it. I wanted to.

I got a bit ADHD so I cant draw for too long at a time. so sometimes a few months for a drawing
this is what i am working on right now i have been working on this since october(the puzle is my watermark)

3 Likes

Yes that looks good :grin:

Yes because if you’re character is dark and the art scene character is lighter than it wouldn’t match up…also it would confused me at times with recognizing the characters.

2 Likes

I don’t really like art scenes and don’t see the point in them…? They’re pretty, sure. I can imagine a lot of time went into making them, so I feel bad I don’t appreciate it at all during the 8 seconds it’s on screen for

7 Likes

8 Likes

Hahaha :joy: I love that

So true tho

1 Like

gfgdgdg

ddgdg

12 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: thank you so much

Perfect :ok_hand: did you find those or make them yourself?

i made them

2 Likes

I’ll be honest… I love art scenes a lot.

That being said, I would absolutely agree that art scenes becoming popular has had a pretty negative impact on community artists and increased demand for free, time intensive art.

5 Likes

The people in art groups who do art scenes get more requests

1 Like

I love art and how much effort artists go to to create their work, but I just can’t stand art scenes in episode stories. I feel like it takes away from the story when I’m forced to look at a still image of a character in the middle of the episode for god knows how long. It’s a creative choice on the author’s part to include these scenes, and I respect that. But, I really don’t like them, even if they are beautifully made.

3 Likes

Mette started the trend for sure.

2 Likes

Personally, I find them unnecessary, but it doesn’t bother me unless they’re overused, e.g., every episode having one.

1 Like

I don’t really mind art scenes, because I love looking at Episode art, lol. But I won’t be including them in any of my stories.

2 Likes

The only time I use “art scenes” are at the end of each (and not even each 'cause drawing is difficult to stay into X’DDD T.T) it is like a drawing of one of the characters and like a “Chapter 2” or whatever thing. And that’s it. XD

2 Likes

No this is not a request thread
Please read the original post, it’s rude to be off topic when I say this is not a request thread thread.

And secondly I don’t do art scenes anymore for people unless I fully checked through their published story.
Lol as you see I’m kinda against them

10 Likes

I definitely don’t think art scenes are necessary but if they’re properly made and are used in important scenes then I actually really enjoy them.
I did enjoy Mette M. Peleikis’ art scenes very much but honestly, it was mainly because her artist is just so incredibly talented and she truly made the art scenes look magical.

A while back (don’t know if this is still going on) I saw a lot of people requesting art scenes, especially new authors who were only just writing the first three chapters of their very first story. In cases like these, I think the authors only want the art scenes because they think it’ll automatically make their story popular and that’s such a shame because a story is so much more than art scenes and looks.

5 Likes

I personally don’t like art scenes. I feel it takes away from my imagination and the flow of the story. Especially if the characters are CC, please don’t add art scenes. I’d honestly just prefer the animation, or lack of animation due to an art scene.

4 Likes

I don’t mind art scenes. However, one of the reasons I like reading on Episode is to see the animations. I really enjoy the animated characters in the different styles. So it seems like the art takes away from that. If that makes sense!

1 Like

i think that if u use ink, you do need a art scene so people can see how the character in real life looks becouse with limelight it’s a lot mor realistic but i think artscene’s are great! and the more the merrier :joy::joy:

1 Like