DISCUSSION: Does anybody care about nomophobia?

nomophobia

If you don’t know: nomophobia= fear of not having your phone, basically that feeling you have when you just can’t leave your phone alone and the anxiety you get when fearing you’ve lost it

About 70% of the world population has it and people don’t seem to mind all that much. I ran out of battery 11 hours ago and I feel so relaxed as if just having my phone around gives me so much anxiety (I’m on the forums from my laptop, it’s not even close to being the same).
No one really seems to mind it all that much, but I feel like the world will more or less end if from some reason all phones just suddenly stopped working.

Do you think it’s a problem? I feel like humanity is doomed if we’ll keep getting more and more depended on our phones like this.

2 Likes

i think

1 Like

no I don’t think it is. phones just are important and not only phones laptop and other things aswell. Then again I don’t have friends so my phone doesn’t always go off. I just use it for music because that always calms me down

1 Like

It’s not just friends though, our whole lives are kept on that little piece of metal that we protect with our lives, if your phone gets stolen and you don’t have any backup, sooooo many things can suddenly become a problem. And the charging, ugh, if you run out if battery, you’re helpless. In some places they’re even starting to develope digital money that works with your phone. No phone would result in not being able to buy anything. It’s just waaayyy too much. And sure laptops, tablets, etc seem somewhqt similar, but you can do just fine without a laptop and without a tablet, you can’t without a phone.

I respect your opinion, but I still think we’re doomed

1 Like

I spend two weeks in the summer in Nova Scotia. No wifi, phone, nothing. It is absolutly without a doubt my favorite time of the year. Because of my job, I need a phone quite often, so I love when I’m able to get away from it.e

3 Likes

Oh my god, that sounds like heaven

1 Like

I have technology addiction, I spend most of my life on my phone. I’m tryingz to cut down the hours I spend here.

2 Likes

I guarantee that like 4 people care about this. Lololol and I’m not one of them. Nor do I have it.

My phone has been broken, lost, crushed by a truck, I couldn’t care less. Phones are like… 120 a month for a really nice one. It isn’t that big of a deal lol

The phone I recurringly get (since I fuck mine up so often) are 80 dollars… That’s it. And it functions so whatever hahahah

1 Like

It definitely bothers me when there’s no wifi, but I can definitely think the entire world being like this in the future.

2 Likes

I mean, phones contain a lot of private information and without them we’d have no way of contact. These “tiny metal things” have probably saved people’s lives, as well as ended them.

All I’m trying to say is that I think it’s normal to feel scared or have anxiety when you think you’ve lost your phone. Some are really expensive and once they’re lost you can’t get it back. Some people keep Apple ID passwords on their phones because they can’t remember them. If these people lose their phone, they’d have no way of transferring the data from their old phone to a new one since you need your Apple ID information etc etc

Overall, I don’t think it’s a problem. Technology has helped society in so many ways :woman_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

But that’s exactly my point, people did just fine before smartphones and way too much depends on them. If you have a lot of unbacked up data on your waaaayyy too expensive phone and it breaks. You lose just so much… and phones break super easily, so that’s a really easy thing to do.

And I’m not talking about technology in general, there are a lot if really good things technology has brought upon us but smartphones are the most significant devices and the most problematic ones. And the anxiety is not helping… Humans have lived millions of years without smartphones, a good amount of oeople living today have spent most of their lives phoneless and again, they were all okay. I just feel smartphones are more of a curse than a bless.

1 Like

True

but we can’t really do anything to help that now since it’s what we’re used to

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.