DISCUSSION: Earthquakes

So, just looking on the news and I’m hearing that Jamaica was hit by an earthquake and some other islands felt the shake…oh boy…I just hope everyone is okay.

4 Likes

@lexiplaysepisode where are you? Are u okay?

1 Like

You know any other islands that were affected?

2 Likes

This is what I found out so far, I’m based in The Bahamas sooo hmm

2 Likes

Omg :woman_facepalming:t4: Something needs to be done quick.

2 Likes

Hm…well for one thing. I’m scared…hiding under a desk isn’t a good idea…

2 Likes

Wait did u experience it?

2 Likes

No, I haven’t experience it before in my life. The Bahamas never had an earthquake as far as I know. We only have hurricanes and major flooding.

2 Likes

Well I’m srry, no one should have to go through that scary experience.

2 Likes

I just pray that it doesn’t hit The Bahamas because a lot of chaos is going to happen if it does…

2 Likes

No one should, why do we have earthquakes, why can’t they just not be real or exist. :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

2 Likes

Why do we have anything bad in this world :sob: :sob:

2 Likes

Ikr…

2 Likes

But…all of these natural disasters are a part of life…I wish they didn’t exist…sure I will accept, rain, thunder, snow, and sun but eh nothing else besides that.

2 Likes

Yeah, but those are just tropical elements. Things like Snow and hurricanes and stuff are natural disasters.

2 Likes

yep.

2 Likes

I wish everyone luck in these natural causes. :pray:

3 Likes

@lexiplaysepisode gurl, yr getting me worried & scared…WHERE R U!!!

1 Like

1 Like

Actually, depending on where you live, ducking under a desk is the exact thing you’re supposed to do during an earthquake. In older homes and countries with let’s say less than optimal building standards you’d want to get in a doorway because it’s reinforced. So if the building collapses you’d be in one of the areas of the building least likely to collapse. However, if you live some place like LA or San Fran. the building codes require certain specifications that take tremors into account, making the building collapsing during an earthquake less likely (provided it’s a newer home or building, I think any time after the 1960’s). At which point, it’s better to get under a table or desk because you’re more likely to get injured from falling debris or items being thrown across the room from the force of the shaking.

3 Likes