Discussion: Episode Issues

For the past few months, I have not been reading any stories on Episode. There is a reason for it. I just feel like it becomes a competition to get as many reads as you can and to beat other authors with the most POPULAR story on the app. It’s all game to me. The other issue is that Episode isn’t doing a good job at writing nice stories with a positive message in them. Not only that, but they think it’s okay to release a story about a girl wanting to continue her streak of kissing 10 boys! That doesn’t sound like a story for a 13 year old girl doesn’t it? Not at all! I didn’t want to say anything about this, but I felt like I had to voice my opinion because I am a part of the Episode community and an author as well.

4 Likes

It seems like this is a long time problem for Episode now. I am relatively new, and a huge problem I see is how the gem system is used, not that they’re there at all, I understand business.

But like, if you play the three Demi Lovato games, it becomes SO obvious and apparent how they changed. Even the third story wasn’t nearly as good a story as the first two. Which is really a shame you know? I think Episode could go back to their roots. I feel like the first Demi Lovato story was a really good one.

I agree with you. I like the Demi Lovato stories because it was original. It wasn’t cliche because I was a story about a real life person.

5 Likes

Most of Episode’s stories lean toward all sorts of weird erotic, badly written stories and they obviously get a tonne of reads because most of Episode’s audience are curious teenage girls. It’s been an issue people have been trying to get episode to address for a while now, but they never do.

3 Likes

Nah… To be honest, Episode doesn’t really care how we feel I guess.

2 Likes

I just feel like it becomes a competition to get as many reads as you can and to beat other authors with the most POPULAR story on the app

especially considering one of their methods to do so is stealing story ideas from Netflix, Wattpad and most famously other episode stories cough cough

2 Likes

Sure did feel like it! The very first story I read on Episode was Bad Boy’s Girl, which…since it was the first one, I enjoyed enough. I feel like it had a lot of weaknesses, but I like that the main character had a lot more in her life than just the bad boy being lame and stuff. There was an interesting subplot with her brother which was nice.

The stories It Starts With A Bra and The Kiss List, different the both of them, but both of them have the one thing in common, the main character has little to no substance and isn’t very relatable. >.> Makes for bad stories.

3 Likes

I never noticed that at all.

1 Like

It is what the Kiss List is, apparently. Someone else wrote it, and they put their Episode STDs all over it, republished it, and it is what it is…>.>

3 Likes

Someone save me :joy: “Episode STD’s”

3 Likes

I wasn’t sure what to put. At first I was like, Episode cancer…no, I don’t think it is that serious yet. Episode disease…that’s not specific enough. Aha!!! STDs, it is perfect. LOL

1 Like

Wattpad is the bad boy stole my bra (It starts with a bra) and the most popular episode example positively princess (not even gonna go there) is Instant princess

2 Likes

I read ISWAB, I wouldn’t have if I knew it was stolen, too! I just heard it was bad, and I agree, it was bad, maybe not for the same reasons in my opinion as others say, and I haven’t read Positively Princess or Instant Princess because I am far from interested in stories about a pregnant princess like…>.> Gross, no thanks? Okay, it just sounds like the MC is a Mary Sue. I don’t much like stories strictly about a princess.

…I don’t know.

It bothers me. Princess stories. Eh…

1 Like

Except Disney, of course. Don’t touch my Disney.

1 Like

Ariel was about to come for you from under the sea

We’ve taken a serious topic and goofed it up. I’m actually just - wow

1 Like

Episode just keeps getting lazier and lazier with their stories…

I do like the new Limelight style, though.

3 Likes

I’m SO sorry! That’s my fault. Okay, back on topic then.

I have another issue with Episode giving me the same few story recommendations over and over again. Like, not just the Episode-made ones, but community ones, too. It is always the same few coming at you over and over, like…you’ve shown me these a hundred times. Not interested. How about different stories under the drama section? It is only certain community stories that can sometimes be good, sure, but I just want more variety.

That can be said for Episode-made stories, too. It’d be awesome to just have a bunch of different kinds of stories shoved down our throats if there are stories to be shoved, you know?

2 Likes

Crazy…

1 Like

I totally agree with you.

1 Like

ALL of the new featured stories are romance stories. I am sick of seeing “Oh, look, a new story in the featured section!” And to go and look and see a 1 circled in red in the romance tab. I’ve stopped even looking there anymore. I am tired of romance. I just want something new and different… WITHOUT romance, I mean, how hard is it to write a story without romance? At least make it optional. I never even fall in love with fictional characters anyway so for me, romance in a story is simply an annoyance.

3 Likes