Discussion: Episode Opinions

Me too! My dream romance is a small house in the mountains with the person i love. getting married and having kids doesn’t constitute a happy ending for me… that would be my own living night mare lol :sweat_smile: as soon as the author hints at that sort of ending i exit out.

5 Likes

Don’t get me wrong. I’m all for marriage and babies. I just don’t like when you spend 30 episodes on falling in love and then half an episode on “they got married, had babies and everything was perfect.” Ok, that’s the last I’ll speak on this :rofl:

9 Likes

oh that’s true! it feels like a lazy ending tbh. almost as if the rest of their relationship means nothing special. I get you! (i think lol)

6 Likes

Agree. For me, especially when it follows MC and LI’s children.

7 Likes

Oh my lord same. Every happy ending in the romance stories is basically ‘and then they got married and had kids.’ Like, I know a lot of people would disagree with me, but that’s my worst nightmare.

5 Likes

i agree 100%! i would cry myself to sleep every night if i ended up as a suburban housewife LOL. i find that endings like The Dragon Bride give a (scarring) but great ending simply because it deviates from that

7 Likes

I haven’t read it, but am adding it to my list based on this recommendation!

3 Likes

K no need to be sensitive

2 Likes

I’m in love with tragic endings or ending that make you mad and I completely hate it when the MC’s just live happily ever after and everything is resolved. It’s just not exciting.

For example, Paper Towns by John Green.

Even though he travelled to another city to find her, he never ended up with her and never saw her again.

Or like in my story Best Friends,

MC ends up dying because of her illness which was the real reason her daughter came looking for her childhood best friends to reunite. It’s realistic because no way in hell will she ever be able to survive even after reuniting with her childhood friends.

7 Likes

I’m writing a story and idc if the readers disagree but nobody is getting married 🤌🏽✨ I don’t even see the possibility of kids either. The only kid in my story lowkey died too so like…🧍🏽‍♀️

4 Likes

it’s so awkward for me because i costomize my characters the exact same in every story i read so the mc and li’s son or daughter will look exactly like their parents and the li of the story will also look exactly like the mcs parents (idk if that made any sense but bottom line is that i also hate that lol)

3 Likes

yesss! kids ruin the story in a lot of cases!! i just want a good love story that isn’t dependent on the mc being pregnant. also the outfits for pregnant women on episode are awful!

4 Likes
  • I actually enjoy cliché stories, as long as I can’t literally say what is going to happen next.
  • I find really advanced directing very impressive, but it’s… boring and annoying to me? I don’t know what it is. No, I’m not jealous :rofl: But it’s just getting annoying to me after some time. I find the storyline and characters interesting, not the overlays that keep moving and stuff.

The only two I can think of. This is just my opinion and it’s completely fine if you disagree :smiley:

8 Likes

Yeah, that’s not the only “happy ending”.

4 Likes

Yeah, it doesn’t have to be super advanced directing to be good. You just need good layers and stuff

2 Likes

Idk if this is unpopular but:

Romance is probably the worst episode genre :grimacing:

13 Likes

Agreed.

3 Likes

Mafia stories are horrible. They romanticism abuse and toxic people. As well as the mafia.

I’d love to see a story where the mafia isn’t romanticised.

6 Likes

I prefer sad endings over happy endings when it comes to romance because it is a lot more realistic, and I just like to cry or get mad lol.

It’s like when I spent 40 episodes creating a cute, strong, healthy romance story just for the MC to die at the end after finally getting married and having his kid he wanted so bad lmao.

10 Likes

Those are disturbingly satisfying to me… Like I can’t explain it. You want everything to work out so bad, but not everything is meant to be. It brings me back to reality and reminds me that dying is just as natural as birth, love, etc.

5 Likes