Discussion: Episode Opinions

I don’t like it when the MC behaves rudely towards mean girls or bullies. I mean then where is the difference between the “mean girl” and the MC?

Yes, the MC needs to stand up for herself when being bullied but that doesn’t mean they have to be rude or violent.

Another thing is when MC is “saved” by the LI from a bully or so. I like to make my own decisions and I’m capable of standing up for myself, thank you very much.

Oh, and I am tired of mafia stories.

Also let me add that I don’t like those loooooonnnnggggg, booooorrrrrriiiiinnnnnggggg narrations about how the LI is built like a “Greek God”. Not all people have six/ eight packs and some may feel bad. Small narrations are okay with me. But I prefer “show, not tell”.

Long author intros/ outros. I don’t like author’s avatar popping up on the screen and saying “in the last chapter we learnt that blah blah blah”. If you want to give a recap simply do so as a narration. Making the author’s character come and introduce to the characters of the story is something I don’t like. The author is not a character in the story so it’s weird tbh.

8 Likes

Not sure if this constitutes an unpopular opinion, but LL’s run_super_speed_loop animation looks f*cking hilarious to me. I’ve seen people use it during really intense scenes, and it just makes me chortle. And when they put in on like .35 for the dramatic exit—bruh :sob: I would only suggest using it for comedy’s sake.

7 Likes

What do they do in long author intros? And what makes that makes annoying or boring?

3 Likes

Well, the author creates a character who simply is a representation of the author to the readers. There sometimes authors make jokes and make the author character introduce the main characters to the readers and sometimes they are so long as the author keeps talking with the characters and cracking jokes. :tired_face:

5 Likes

i’ve seen an author intro where the author kissed the love interest and said “even if you’re with him in the story, at the end of the day he’s mine.” and i was like ??? HUH??? like wtf was that?

long story short, author intros GOTTA GO

9 Likes

True! I also see this at the end of many stories, the MC and LI get married because the MC is pregnant and that’s the end. I would like to see different endings.

I don’t mean to be that person… but why authors can’t give POC/LGTBQ+ people unique personalities? sometimes their only purpose in the story is to be the gay friend who loves fashion, the black/Latina noisy best friend, etc.

We have hundreds of stories with blonde MC, but I can barely name you a few stories with Asian, Latina, or African American MC. I don’t know, maybe it’s my fault for reading too many trending stories, maybe small authors do have different MCs.

I don’t like forced inclusion, but I would be tired of seeing hundreds of Latinas MCs even tho I’m from South America. The same applies to the Italian LI, there’s a ton of ethnicities and features but some authors use the same for all stories.

Please don’t see this as an insult to Italians or blonde people, but the characters on the stories are really generic. The problem is that they all look alike, people could make blonde girls with different features, but I swear that many of them look the same (this also applies to the Italian LI). You can even create a Russian, German or Swedish blonde MC and it would be more unique than the typical blonde girl from LA/NY.

6 Likes

I actually saw an intro just like that, idk if it was the same one but she was like oh the LI is mine and it was Limited CC and you had to play as her. Yeah, it was weird I don’t think I got past the first chapter. I find it creepy when people on episode act like that. :flushed:

5 Likes

Oh yea, that… that was the one. Super uncomfortable. :woozy_face: :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Bruv that’s so weird. Some author’s getting a bit too comfy on this app. :grinning:

1 Like

You’re the reader every author would kill for :joy:

1 Like

That’s why I like short author intros where bring they bring the mc in and say you can CC and name them and then the author leaves.

2 Likes

Because apparently being POC/LGBTQ+ is their personality. :sob::sob:

Honestly, please don’t force diversity. If you feel like you may be offending someone or something, then don’t write it if you’re not ready.

2 Likes

Personally I don’t like to have very sad endings in stories just because I don’t have enough points

Small things like ‘You didn’t get to see this bonus scene as you don’t have enough points’ is fine but the LI leaving me is not :feels:

9 Likes

And it doesn’t always have to be the bad things they face too.

2 Likes

know its been mounths, but a romance have happy endings if it has a sad one its a tragedy. diffrent genres, I know episode dont have that many genres so it dosent really matters.

3 Likes

I’ve never understood the whole ‘forced diversity’ rhetoric. Every time I see someone say ‘forced diversity’ and ‘woke’ I typically :roll_eyes:. What does that even mean? How does one even force diversity?

2 Likes

I think it could mean that someone implements an LGBTQ+/colored character into their story because they don’t want to face backlash for having a “lack of diversity” in their story. There are many authors who grew up not being exposed to other races, cultures, and social groups, so they tend to make stories with characters that their familiar with. I could be way off, but I’m just taking a guess on that “forced diversity” term. @Jae27

7 Likes

But even if said person isn’t exposed to people of other races, cultures and social groups, the world is a diverse place and I believe stories should reflect that. Those I’ve seen use those terms are (usually) the worst type of people (not saying you’re one of them @Anna_Marie).

I’m from New York so I’m more exposed to diversity I guess, so terms like ‘forced diversity’ baffles me.

1 Like

Same here, I grew up in New York City and the Midwest, so I’ve been exposed to many kinds of social groups. It sucks that some people don’t have the opportunity to interact with groups and cultures outside of their own. I just hope that if they are in that position, they shouldn’t feel pressured to include a diverse range of characters if they don’t feel like they’ll respresent them in a responsible and honest manner.

But I still agree with you… it’s not as difficult to make diverse stories like some make it out to be.

2 Likes

From what I’ve seen of people using the term ‘forced diversity’ on the forums in the past, I believe they were mainly discussing pieces where having a widely diverse cast doesn’t fit to the particular time period, or location that the story is set, but they then feel the need to add in more diverse characters to make it more inclusive, even if it’s not as authentic as in reality. Not that they themselves don’t see diversity in reality, or that they are unfamiliar with it.

That’s just what I’ve seen being discussed in the past, so thought I’d offer that as a possible explanation to your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes