DISCUSSION: Episode TOS - Section 7

This was the part where I really got shocked. I’m not sure I understand what they mean with this but I’m sure I hate it.

5 Likes

Did you know about this?
No, I had no idea about this being in the TOS.

How do you feel?
Disappointed. After supporting this app from nearly the beginning, wathcing their ads, paying for passes, staying up at night, just to try to write a somewhat decent story… I would have expected my story to be just mine, but I guess it is too much to ask.
And I’m mad at myself, because I barely even glanced at the TOS, thinking, Why bother reading? There won’t be any serious stuff in it.
It’s pretty clear now, that I was wrong.

Do you question publishing on Episode now?
Yes, I don’t know if I should publish or not…

Anything else?
Of course this all happens when I finally had a good idea. :laughing:

6 Likes

Did you know about this?
No, I felt safe after reading their explanation about who owns my story. I didn’t fully understand the TOS because it’s not my first language, but as they said that “in a nutshell” I own my story, I believed it and forgot about the parts of the TOS that made me think of something different.

How do you feel?
Disappointed.

I was going to publish a second story, but I think I won’t do that now. My first story is on hold right now, so I’ll see if I’ll keep writing or not.

Anything else?
People on here talked about going to Wattpad, so I checked it out and made a profile there (https://www.wattpad.com/user/RainbowCatWrites) I might also start writing there, because I don’t want others to own my story. I won’t let them take away my ideas.

5 Likes

See they don’t own it. You do, but you are granting them permission to copy and adapt it which sounds so fishy. Which means they can copy our stories or adapt from them and we can’t do a thing.

6 Likes

@PerplexedJam please keep me updated on what you will find out through that ticket :blush:

4 Likes

Crazy this was closed and now “Pending for review.”

8 Likes

Another red flag from Episode. I wonder how people will defend this.

4 Likes

What the hell does that even mean? I never saw a thread being closed pending review :thinking: can someone explain?

1 Like

Did you know about this?
I do recall reading this but didn’t think much of it as it also say we own our own story and thought they were refering to stoories they buy from the Author.

How do you feel?
a little disappointed and discouraged but not surprised.

Yes and No, I already have a story on the app that I want to finish, how ever I have 2 other stories in the works which I was going to try publishing by the end of this year 1 in particular I don’t think I will publish on episode but I will put it on wattpad. and I have a couple other ideas for stories which I do think are better suited to episode than on wattpad but I’ll see what happens though…

Anything else?
Well I joined the wattpad community a few months back here’s the link for my profile for who ever wants to follow me…
https://www.wattpad.com/user/Ams007_writer

Well dang.

@lonewolfe what do u think?

For me, this is not gonna stop me from writing. :woman_facepalming:t3:

Did you know about this?

Nope, until today.

How do you feel?

Shocked, and diasppointed.

Yes. I don’t care what Episode do. THEY BETTER GET CRAP STRAIGHT, AND RESOLVE IT.

Anything else?

Nope, I’m good.

2 Likes

:+1:t3:

:joy: my post was flagged

1 Like

can someone explain plz?

link to topic also about this

2 Likes

So like…if I made a fantastic story here on episode. Then plan to turn it into a book and publish it years down the road and someone from the episode team bets me to the punch. I can’t sue them?

2 Likes

Ah okay…

glances at wattpad

2 Likes

Damn… really?

2 Likes

wait, that may not be entirely true. Friend just showed meh this.

3 Likes

Oh okay thank you

2 Likes

np, situation avoided :joy:

tosses wattpad back in the trash

2 Likes