DISCUSSION: Episode TOS - Section 7

Yeah plus on their FAQ page they say that we own rights of our stories. It’s fishy.

5 Likes

You need to delete your account to have all rights revoked.

5 Likes

Did you know about this?

Nope

How do you feel?

Completed disgusted since apparently no one knew about this. If Episode can’t make their own stories they shouldn’t trick authors to steal theirs.

Do you question publishing on Episode now?

Yes I think the only story I’ll publish is my MC entry, for the rest of my stories I’ll think of something else glances at Wattpad

Anything else?

I hope this is a joke Episode

8 Likes

Isn’t it interesting watching a company change over time to then see they were planning on screwing you all along :woman_shrugging:t3:

Like you, I’m refusing to update my story now. I couldn’t care less about the rank anymore, this is more serious in my opinion.

6 Likes

I will be depending on the response I receive from Episode.

2 Likes

In a nutshell. F u, Episode.

3 Likes

Did you know about this?

No I had no clue…

How do you feel?

Pissed off, lied to and generally angry I put my trust in episode, as did other people this is how they decide to repay us…

Do you question publishing on Episode now?

Yes I really do, I’m looking at other possibilities of publishing my stories, such as Wattpad. At least we are respected and well informed there.

Anything else?

Episode are at it’s lowest point, yet they don’t realise it…

5 Likes

Oh and I’d like an explanation as to why we weren’t informed and kept in the dark about the TOS change. What’s that all about @Liz and @Jesse ??

We want and deserve answers ya’ll are ruining this community and many people I know are leaving due to this matter and the changes to the ranking. They are going to wattpad.

I don’t blame them, at least authors aren’t kept in the dark about important issues, and are well respected there.

2 Likes

this also begs the question :thinking:

if we have a story that isn’t published yet, could they still take the idea and “change” it slightly?

Don’t they have access to everyone’s writer portal or something?

6 Likes

I really hope they don’t!

4 Likes

If you check out @Lemniscate post a little further up, you will see I was wrong about it being a new thing :+1:t3:

I, and many others it seems either overlooked this part or were not able to understand this part as it is.

3 Likes

I saw a lot of authors post on IG that this isn’t true, that they don’t have rights to do it. But from what I understand, they do. I’m confused.

5 Likes

if I remember correctly all of our revision progress is in fact saved which tells us that there is some type of record of what we have done even if we haven’t published it yet.
25%20PM%20-%20Edited

The question then becomes where and if the episode team can access/use it.

2 Likes

I’m confused as hell rn…

5 Likes

You and me both :tired_face:

4 Likes

Jesus Christ. I now just realized what this is saying. Hell no am I continuing my stories. To Wattpad it is!!

7 Likes

Yessss girl!

4 Likes

Follow me once I delete me crap story @livvy613 ( totally not self promotion )

Oh crap. This is gonna get flagged as off-topic…whatever…

5 Likes

I wanted to participate in “missed connection” and I even did my cover and started writing it but now I don’t even want to do it anymore…

9 Likes

To think people argued with me tooth and nail when i said Episode was shady and predatory as hell. Hopefully they dont just get away with this like they do everything else

10 Likes