DISCUSSION: Episode TOS - Section 7

Did you know about this?
NO WTF. What is going on with this app???!! Even if it’s not a new thing, this isn’t right.

How do you feel?
Betrayed. Uneasy. Definitely just as pissed off as all of you are. This is disrespectful, low, and extremely SMUG of them to do. I agree with everyone else in that if your writers are so poor that you have to resort to stealing from the people who MADE you, why don’t you just hire new people? Or even reach out to us, the community?

Do you question publishing on Episode now?
Yes, and that hurts to say. I had a few stories in particular I was hoping to publish in this upcoming new year, but hearing this makes me vehemently NOT want to contribute anything to the app, my hard work and creative energy being two out of many things. I’ll be damned if that’s used against me. Seriously, wtf.
Anything else?

:notes: It’s the end of the world as we know it :notes:

Nah, really. Screw this. I wasn’t too concerned with the ranking stuff (Not saying that isn’t an important issue as well, it’s just mainly because I’m stupid and don’t know how it even works tbh), but this? This is serious and straight up theft, and I’m thinking about filing a ticket expressing my distaste for it. We all work SO hard on our stories: coming up with distinct characters, creating or even buying artwork with our own resources/money, planning our plot lines, many hours gone to editing, ect. It’s not fair for them to go in and steal our stuff just so they can get a few more coins. Many of us aren’t paid to write on episode, so the fact that they can just go in and profit on OUR stories makes me sick and really angry. How dare they?

This isn’t even a “business thing” imo. This is just extremely power + money hungry people being unethical. What else is new lmao

I’m very disappointed :sweat:

10 Likes

I’ve worked so hard on my story…staying up all night going school tired…all for fucking nothing! I’m pissed.

10 Likes

What a waste of time…:roll_eyes:

7 Likes

I have just submitted a ticket asking this >

Could you please explain to me in detail about what section 7 of the TOS entails (Specifically the part I have attached)? Because as far as myself and many others can make out, it means you have the right to take any user story you wish, adapt and change it then claim as your own? If my interpretation is correct then could you explain how this doesn’t violate copyright laws?

10 Likes

I’ll be surprised if they reply.

5 Likes

I’m not expecting anything other than the generic “We’re experiencing a high volume of tickets… blah blah blah” :woman_shrugging:t3:

8 Likes

Rip to all authors

9 Likes

I would put in a ticket too but that will just increase your chance of getting this response :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Lol :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@Qwueen

1 Like

Now I’m wondering… let’s say they steal someone’s story (which they already did with the Kiss List, and now it looks like they’ve done it to Jalissa’s Forever Young :rage:). Does that mean it officially becomes theirs? Which means you wouldn’t be able to publish said story to a different platform like Wattpad because that technically would be copyright since it belongs to Episode? I could be completely wrong, but this is terrifying if true.

7 Likes

If thats true then…wow…dark stuff…

4 Likes

I didn’t even think about this. Welp, bye episode.

3 Likes

You will be missed rip to the rest of us…:disappointed:

4 Likes

episode 2013- 2018 rip it died of a heart attack as a result of the amount of hate mail.

5 Likes

Wow… I just started a story. I really don’t feel like taking it down

2 Likes

This has upset me so much. In the past month or two, I have had hundreds of reasons why I feel I should no longer be an author on this app. I’ll continue to support the readers who deserve their reads and post on my website, but you can find all of my work on Wattpad from now on.

10 Likes

I will wait for a few weeks, and if this won’t be addressed and solved, I’m gonna move to wattpad too

4 Likes

Wow. We have one word in Russian for these kind of fucked up things. Pizdec.
Maybe it is a good idea to move to wattpad

3 Likes

Yep

1 Like