Discussion : Glitch Girl

I know I’ve found at least one memory card. I want to say two but maybe I’m thinking of an orb?
:joy:
I think I’ve found two things in total.

3 Likes

Yep, those i meant. Looks like then more would be in stock. Interesting way to engage interest, having bonus scenes and an actual challenge.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s better than gem choices cause it’s free :joy:

2 Likes

I love Grace & Seth.
I think Corey will end up being Zero.
He’s putting in a lot of time & effort w/Seth so he’ll probably be her love interest.
I got married to Seth too so cute.
Loving the story

1 Like

I’m the complete opposite, it’s like the option of not marrying him was a gift from god :joy: his behavior is just all too strange, I feel like he’s not even truly in love with Grace, just amazed by her powers. Also, what the hell was that proposal in the first place?! Grace has known him for a week. a sing week. At this point, I am almost 100% sure there’s some kind of plot twist coming in. Remember The Phoenix Prophecy? We had 2 love interests but the second one turned out to be a complete psycho and we ended up with the first guy regardless. I feel like Joseph is doing the same thing in this story, it wouldn’t surprise me. I mean, the red flags are there. Do you guys see how controlling and weird Seth is? Or is it only me? Surely, he’s been great to Grace, but so was the psycho in TPP. Why would Joseph write in those strange ticks Seth has for no reason? It wouldn’t make any sense. I’d be disappointed if there was no plot twist regarding him at this point :joy:

10 Likes

I agree with you so much. I’ll honestly be surprised if Seth turns out to be the good guy :joy:

2 Likes

I felt the same way. I didn’t continue the wedding lol. I was relieved to be given that option to stop it :joy:

1 Like

The only reason The Last Goodbye was least voted because it was in limelight.

2 Likes

Also, when are the new episodes coming out it’s been like 3 weeks now.

3 Likes

Alright, at this point in time — I think Seth will be an antagonist, but not Zero. I think he will be a Kellan (The Ember Effect)-ish character. Tbh, Seth sets off so many red flags to be a bad guy — but there really just isn’t enough evidence for him to be Zero IMO. Sorry.

6 Likes

Amazing story! I wish my directing was that great. It has a pretty great plot too

1 Like

As for this poll — the Secret of Rain, definitely. That story is what got me really into Episode and storytelling. And when I reread it I have so much nostalgia and good memories of the story. In my opinion I think it’s an almost perfect Episode story. It ended perfectly, too — and the plot twists were top notch. There’s clues that lead up to the plot twist, but the reader could almost never guess them. This is lost in a lot of other Jospeh Evans stories.

For example, in the Last Goodbye — though, Caleb was a good enough antagonist — there was no rhyme or reason. He just suddenly becomes a horrible, heartless maniac who kills people for no reason other than to “feel alive”. I’m worried that Gltch Girl will be the same, too. Just randomly make someone Zero, who has shown no signs of being evil.

Honestly, I feel like the Secret of Rain was the last great Joseph Evans story. The Last Goodbye just didn’t feel like Joseph Evans. It lacks the charm. And I think Evans knew this, too. Because, in his announcement video, it was very easy to tell that he didn’t feel like the story suited him.

And then Glitch Girl — though, it’s great to see him returning to fantasy — hasn’t hooked me. There’s nothing I really like about it yet, and I hope that changes. It’s just that the fight scenes (especially for an “action” story) are so slow and painful to watch.

Apparently, these super smart Bluedroids will kill anyone and anything in their path… unless Grace and Seth need to discuss a plan for 2 minutes behind the Bluedroids, while they “idle_punch” around a citizen.

I hope Joseph Evans can get back into the game soon — and to answer your question — I think that the Secret of Rain is his best story.

7 Likes

Oh definitely. I don’t think that Seth is Zero at all, I just think he’s evil/ not as good of a person as he seems.

2 Likes

I feel the same. I wonder if Episode are getting stricter about their requirements for featured stories, because even the ones they buy the rights to from talented community users end up feeling like they’ve been written by the same person after they get remade.

Older featured stories all felt markedly different, but the recent ones all have this rushed feeling with poor characterization and romances that happen 1000% too fast.
I was looking forward to Glitch Girl but it’s definitely not at the level of storytelling I expect from Joseph Evans. If this was the first story I’d read by him, I would assume he was overhyped, when in reality I know he’s capable of something much better.

8 Likes

NEVER DISAPPOINTED! Love love love!!!

1 Like

Hopefully glitch girls gets updated soon

I honestly forgot about this story

2 Likes

I read the whole of Ember Effect, half of the Secret of Rain, whole of Soulbound and the first few chapters of the Phoenix Prophecy.
All were really good and well-written.
The Last Goodbye was okay (I only read the first chapter) but It just seemed like your typical cliche story to me. It lacked the charm.
Glitch Girl looked good (from the trailer) ,and reading it (first 3 chapters ), i found out it has good directing and a pretty decent plot.
But it’s not as good as his other stories.

Honestly, I’m not really sure what to think of Glitch Girl. It feels like it’s trying to shape up to be something big, but it’s so dragged out and weirdly paced that it’s hard to tell. There’s no real sense of romance (you only meet Corey in the first episode and only contact him again years later, and you try to marry Seth even if you don’t want to and he’s pushy and seems to be hinted to be a bad guy) or suspense (the blue droids are supposedly killing people, but all they do is…stand around and punch people in the streets?) or…anything, really. The characters are all pretty flat, too, so the story doesn’t even have that. It’s pretty disappointing, since I’ve genuinely enjoyed other stories from Joseph Evans (The Secret of Rain was the first one I read).

The highest praise I can muster is that…uh…well, at least the gem outfits are pretty. I really like the red lace dress in episode 9. It’s kind of sad that’s the most positive thing I can say about it.

5 Likes

As someone said here earlier, it’s kinda expected that Featured stories tend to be rushed.