Discussion : Glitch Girl

the story in general just gives me slight kim possible vibes when i saw the trailer two months ago and even now which i’m living for so the excitement scale for a story that WASN’T ABOUT GANGS AND BAD BOYS GETTING GIRL’S PREGNANT was a good reason to hype it up. the romance and flirting in the chapters is wholesome !! although, i’m not sure is mc knows who corey was or not beforehand since it gave vibes off like that
it was all gucci because it was just the beginning-- at the start, i was getting some rich family vibes from grandma and grace and things were so Prestigious so initially my reaction was like "alright grace!! you’re living your life go get your mans!"

THEN THE BLUEDROIDS CAME IN AND THEN COREY’S SISTER WENT INTO LABOR AND THEN THERE WAS A BOMB AND THEN SUPERHEROS CAME OUT OF NO WHERE AND GRANDMA SUDDENLY CAN’T TALK AND THERE WAS THIS VILLIAN ON THE TV TALKIN ABOUT SOME ZEROS AND I WAS SO … OVERWHELMED W O W

the chapters did seem pretty rushed (although featured episode stories…tend to be like that anyway) so it’s easy for people to get lost while everything is going on all at once, but the plot is definitely interesting !! i can’t wait to see where the story goes

10 Likes

I’m loving the story!!
The plot is extremely juicy and Episode featured stories & Joseph Evans stories are always a treat.
Grace is another example of a strong badass woman and I love her.
Grace and Corey are already a very cute couple. I think Joseph Evans is very smart to focus on the romance because that’s what the episode viewers want,
It’s fast paced but solid.

2 Likes

They were romantically looking at each other across the room.
He meant it’s you as in , the mysterious girl that he was eying all night

Really? I’ve never had an episode story ever have no ads before playing.

The formula = make everything happen in the first three episodes, explanations can wait

12 Likes

I have an iPhone 8 and I updated a few days ago

I love Glitch Girl! This is the only Episode Original I can swear by. Joseph Evan is the best Episode Original creator and one of the first authors I read. (Am I the only who’s read the Ember Effect like 20 times?) His YouTube videos are the ones that taught me how to code Episode. Go sub to him guys he has good content.

7 Likes

I read the ember effect many times too!!!
I’m sure this story is just gonna get better & better,
And for people who are confused about the plot.
It’s only 3 episodes in so far. I would give it more time to develop

1 Like

Who’s loving the Grace & Corey romance?
I am!

2 Likes

Hahaha yeah I got that… but it was oddly worded lol. Especially as she walked across a completely uncrowded room straight towards him lol.

Yeah I got that, I just didn’t think the wording was the best. I liked the plot though, although I feel like the romance aspect is moving a bit too fast.
But since the story is primarily a fantasy and not a romance, it doesn’t bother me.

1 Like

Yes the romance is moving fast however if it’s a shorter story that might be why.
Although I know he’s already written 12 eps & more are coming beyond that

My thoughts after three episodes (spoilers are blurred):

• I really like the plot. It didn’t feel too rushed to me. Maybe a little fast, but not so fast that I couldn’t follow what was going on. The MC doesn’t find out that she has powers until the end of the third episode which (IMO), is a good amount of episodes.
  • The whole “bluedroid” thing is a little confusing I think because after the explosion, we’re not really told much about what happened in the past two years. I think I missed something but I’m not entirely sure what happened to the bluedroids.
  • The romance to me (both guys) was both a little forced and a little fake. It just seemed to happen so fast for me that I can’t really feel a connection yet. I’m curious to see how the first guy comes back into the plot. I have some early theories lol and am very curious to see what twists are in store in regards to the romance. That being said, as romance isn’t the key genre for this story I can definitely still enjoy it, even if I’m not really in to the romance part yet.

Overall, I like the plot. It’s a nice change from a typical Episode featured romance story. I’ll definitely continue and I’m looking forward to seeing what twists are in store. I have a good feeling that there’ll be quite a few that I won’t see coming haha and I can’t wait to read.

15 Likes

I think it’s not too rushed at all and the romance deffo feels real.
The romance is the best part of this story so far & the fantasy elements.

1 Like

We just have different tastes/opinions :slight_smile: Nothing wrong with that!
Like I said, I’m still enjoying the story!

4 Likes

Of course!
Joseph Evans is a strong writer.
I hope this stories is long like his other stories & around 30-35 eps instead of 15 like “The Last Goodbye”

For real :joy:
I got what he meant but it was a little weird.
But yeah, the romance feels weird. I can’t empathize with her being hung up on this guy from 2 years ago because he didn’t have enough personality or unique traits for me, the reader, to care about him after only two scenes.
I care more about the grandma than either of the love interests… and she’s been silent since part way through the first episode!

8 Likes

He said in one of his posts that we’d get up to episode 12, then there’d be a wait before he completes the second half of the story :thinking:. So it sounds like it will be longer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh yes I believe I saw that.
I’m glad.
He was missed.
& his fantasty stories were missed.
I think he should stick to fantasy

Although, it’s still really early on, I can’t help but be making theories on who the twist antagonist is :sweat_smile: Because, in every Joseph Evans story (I haven’t read the Phoenix Prophecy, yet, but I figure it has a twist antagonist too), there is a surprise antagonist.

I think it was around the second episode, that I got a feeling that the guy Grace met in the first episode (before the explosion) was going to be Zero? This is purely hypothetical, but who knows?

Heck, we don’t even know if the person behind Zero has even been introduced to the story yet, but this is just my prediction. Who do you guys think Zero is?

1 Like