DISCUSSION : Horror Stories!

Oh, by the way, I voted this on the polls:

Romance: 5 because I think including a little love give the reader a feeling that maybe the characters will get through whatever horror they’re experiencing. It gives a feeling of hope which I think is necessary if you’re going to sit through a whole horror movie/story.

Drama: 8 because I think that horror needs to have a lot of dramatic things happening in order to keep it interesting.

Mystery: 11 because I think mystery is essential in horror movies/stories. I believe it helps build up some kind of suspense and personally, I think mystery is really exciting because I’m all like “why did that happen?” and “what is that?!

Thriller: I picked 12 because I just really, really love thriller!

Comedy: For this one I actually picked 1, though now that I think twice about it, maybe I should’ve picked 3. I like serious horror because I simply don’t get that same horror feeling if there’s too much comedy included. I guess it’s true when people say that comedy makes the reader let their guard down but generally, I don’t think comedy belongs in horror stories.

Action/adventure: 9 because, well … I really like action :joy:

Horror: 11. I think constant horror might be too much for an Episode story though of course a horror story should contain a lot of horror.

4 Likes

I think comedy in horror stories can be integrated in different ways that would work depending on the story itself. I guess the way I expect to see it go is either have the funny-haha-jokester of the group do their thing for the first episode or two and then they die. Then after that the story would need to take a more serious turn. Or I think having sarcastic humour could work, but I don’t think everyone could pull this off

3 Likes

It would be a little obvious if I say Shroud, but yes, the story brought to my attention that each part of the world has their own horrific and legendary things and things like time and setting helps distinguish stories such as horror.

Or that I used to be obsessed with Monster High lol, but still horror can be derived from monsters other than Hollywood vampires, zombies or werewolves. And sharing these cultural aspects can teach others across the globe among other things.

Ok, this has gone a little rambly. At least my story idea involves a Hindu creature called a vetala.

3 Likes

yall be breaking my heart by voting and not discussing

@LillyR, @lanafrazer_episode, @granolias, @GSG.episode, @Episode.Cameronwrite, @Alexx.lapakka, @EpisodeShadow, @sofia2, @Ouelman, @ailey.episode, @Maria.StoryWritter, @bellcony, @Lex2, @Silver_Shadow, @Allie_Episode, @ThatRandomPerson

8 Likes

I was busy with some stuff hun. lol ill still say.

1. Why do you think authors started writing horror stories?

Maybe because they want to, some authors like horror stories, and maybe want to write one.

2. Is there a common theme you’ve seen in horror stories? (movies / app)

Movies, yes, i lot of killings, scary things, possessions, the undead, etc.

3. If you had to pitch a horror story to Episode- what would you pitch? (keep in mind they like gem choices… sigh and romance.)

Well for me, I DONT READ HORROR STORIES NOR WATCH HORROR MOVIES…well, except Halloween, and Chucky. lol NO ROMANCE SHOULD BE IN HORROR. WTH LOL HORROR IS FOR SCARY THINGS. XD

4. Is there a story that you think would fit perfectly on a horror shelf?

Shroud. I know this one was already on shelf.

2 Likes

I’m in school right now so I can’t I’ll do it afterschool. :sweat_smile:

Lmao sorry :joy::broken_heart:

Hmm…I think it’s because horror stories have been really popular lately and people like those kinda stories, and it’s really interesting to write horror stories cuz you can make a realistic one, fantasy, with a lots of mystery,…

Hmm I haven’t watched that many horror but I’ve noticed that the MC somehow makes stupid mistakes that will lead him/her to death. not in all stories lmao

Or when the MC is scared of someone and that someone is threatening them… And they do nothing about it…like call the police or something lmao.

I don’t have anything in mind right now… But I don’t think that there should be a lot of romance in a horror stories.

Ooof I like Shroud and…I remember the one with like a demon in one girl… But I forgot the name :joy:

1 Like

Romance - 4 - I voted in the middle because I think it should be even higher if it’s long story ( like 20-30 episodes ) if it’s like 3-10 episodes I think there should not be a lot of romance.
Drama - 5 - I voted five because of the same reason as romance.
Mysterty - 12 - I voted 12 because I think mystery is needed in horror story.
Thriller - 12 - The same as Mystery.
Comedy - 3 - Because I’m not sure how I feel about it.
Action / Adventure - 10 - I really like action
Horror - 12 - I think every horror story should have a lot of horror.
Fantasy - 8 - ( I know there isn’t a poll for it but I love fantasy) I vote eight because I think a fantasy horror would be really cool but it’s not necessary.

1. Why do you think authors started writing horror stories?
A lot of people like the genre and that’s why they started writing. ( I’m really annoyed when I see bad boy story trending in the horror section and almost always I report them. )
Serial killers or stalkers who are after teenagers and A LOT of Truth or Dare and Ouija boards.
3. If you had to pitch a horror story to Episode- what would you pitch? (keep in mind they like gem choices… sigh and romance.)
I really like The Infected and it will do pretty well because it hasn’t been featured on a shelf and it have A Lot of read for a story with 5 episodes.
4. Is there a story that you think would fit perfectly on a horror shelf?

• The Infected
  • Shroud
2 Likes
  1. Why do you think authors started writing horror stories? I think it can be because the author is into horror stories, it will become easier for them to write one. Maybe they like the feeling and the terror of the unknown. I know I do.

Serial killers, psychopaths. Messing with your mind.

3. If you had to pitch a horror story to Episode- what would you pitch? (keep in mind they like gem choices… sigh and romance.) I am not sure. I don’t do well ln writing something that involves romance.

4. Is there a story that you think would fit perfectly on a horror shelf? Puppets & Hit and Run

2 Likes
  1. I guess to bring a nice and scary story for others to enjoy. Personally, I don’t really read them but when I do, they are pretty good and kinda does give me a little fright.

2. Serial killers and people with Masks. I kinda want something a little more different.

3. Like @ELx Mystery and Thriller. I was planning on writing one but I am not really good at writing Thriller. :sweat_smile: I need a little more experience in it before I do anything. I would add some romance but not oo much.

4. The Infected, Jezebel…That’s pretty much what I feel is good for it.

3 Likes