Discussion: Hostage stories

Woah I’ve never read a story about that

sheesh

But to male kidnapping females (which I have read) and females kidnapping males does spread awareness, I guess, but it goes a lil bitto too far if the kidnapper “Falls in love” w/ the MC, then issa lil bitto non-realistic

1 Like

wouldn’t female kidnapping male spread awareness too? I mean its just they way you write not genders

Ah jeez, i forgot shiz

annnndddd edited

That is so weird.

Okie then

1 Like

Lol I just think stories like that are weird and it’s crazy that it’s so common… like other people have said, if it’s “executed” well then I guess it’s not that bad…

1 Like

Yes it’s very sensitive and traumatic topic and it’s very common for some reason??? I don’t intend on justifying the MC’s actions whatsoever.

2 Likes

I think most stories are “weird.” I mean, if all stories only followed ordinary, mundane events, Episode would be a pretty boring place. I personally love stories with an unreliable narrator or a crazy MC (one of my favorite books is Dostoevsky’s Crime and Punishment because of this), so I think I would enjoy a story like this. You seem adamant on the fact that you won’t be justifying/glorifying/romanticizing the MC’s actions, so as long as you follow through on that promise, I think you’re okay.

1 Like

Yes, most stories tend to justify a character’s action with mentall ilness or a sad background, my character has an illness and a sad background (she suffered depression at a very young age) but that doesn’t justify her actions. Its just the reason she does them.

4 Likes

I’ve never read something so accurate.

1 Like

If it’s like a story where the MC is kidnapped and falls in love with her captor, BIIIIIIGGG NO.

1 Like

It starts off with MC having already been kidnapped, but then she escapes and takes one of the guards with her. So now she is the kidnapper and I’m assuming the guard will fall in love with her. I’m only at episode 6 though, so I don’t know how it ends up. But I guess I wasn’t expecting that based off of the title anyway

1 Like

I really wish people would stop romanticizing hostage situations, even if it is purely fictional.
If it doesn’t have a moral, I won’t read it.
This is my opinion. Sorry.
If a hostage story is done correctly, and they aren’t romanticizing it, it’s fine.

1 Like