DISCUSSION- How did you learn to code?

Hey guys! How did you learn to code??? Most people are like Joesph Evans but he didn’t really help me… I was a mess till I figured out what the Episode Forums were. Episode forums helped me so much in coding and I released my own story linktr.ee/epyhelen (tehe sElF pRoMo) Dominate. I just wanted to know about how you guys learned to code. Okay bye:D

9 Likes

Joseph Evans…then I got the rest down pack by myself.

6 Likes

I learned by reading the guides multiple times. Then I eventually learned how to animate overlays and do all that hard stuff by myself. It did take time tho but I did also used to watch some tips and stuff online and YouTube videos from EllyYT

7 Likes

I don’t really remember, I think it was the episode tutorials that are in classic. Imogen and Raquel are my girls.

6 Likes

Yay a person who watches her videos too! I learned all the hidden animations from EllyYT!

2 Likes

Joseph Evans.
Manly from using @/Dara.Amarie guides, at first it was tricky because I’m a visual learner but once I started playing around with it in the portal, I started to get the hang of it.

1 Like

reading the darn guide on episode. there suck. because that was all we had when i started

3 Likes

Yass I love her she’s literally a queen

2 Likes

and that too

2 Likes

I actually didn’t learn from videos and I wasn’t active on the forums, I just binge-read through the guides like a million times and kinda tried it out. it was more of a trial and error until I finally published something lol

3 Likes

YouTube

A. Borgonia

She is amazing.

1 Like

joseph evans for basically everything lol

2 Likes

Oh dangg… I don’t really remember all that much. Joined back in 2015, so I’ve had around 4 years of experience. Mainly just practice, probably reading a lot of guides, Joseph Evans and

^^ this too :point_right: :sunglasses: :point_right:

I would say I’ve learned a lot of tricks from browsing the forums about cool code templates and reading really interesting user stories that use amazing directing to get ideas of how to be better and make awesome scenes.

I’m still learning new things.

2 Likes

I spent about a month learning the basics. After that, it was easy, although it has been 4-3 years and I haven’t published a story yet. There is always another idea when I work in one.

3 Likes

I learnt myself through my mistakes and with a few help from a few people on Instagram. I wasn’t aware of the forums and I never knew that there were videos that I could watch. I really wish I knew otherwise my first ever story (which I deleted) wouldn’t have been such a massive flop lol

1 Like

YouTube:

Joseph Evans video
EllyYT video

Then I learn the rest of my own

2 Likes

For the basics, I used the guides in the portal. After a few months, I started picking up tips from the forums on how to do advanced coding.

4 Likes

I think the biggest thing that helped me learn to code, which hasn’t been mentioned above, is reading other author’s stories because once I knew the coding ::: seeing it in a story was helpful because it was like oh I can do that or I don’t like how this story did this, they should have done this.

4 Likes

I learned everything from Joseph Evans and here! If I see some crazy coding in someones story, I might message them and ask how they did it! People are usually excited to share :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I remember the days when I didn’t know the & symbol existed hahaha my coding was brutal :see_no_evil::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

honestly i never watched joseph evan’s videos but i would look at the script from templates and then see how everything worked. i also used the episode guides and forums for any help! (:

1 Like