[Discussion] How long does it take you to finish your novel? Tips to write faster?

Hey guys, I’m curious to know how much time you spend to complete a novel? Is there any coding tips that allow you to speed up the directing process?
I’m half way through my first novel and realize how much time I have spent on it. It took me more than a year to get to this point with 15 episodes (2000 lines/ episode) . A strong feeling of uncertainty hits me recently. “Am I writing too slowly?” or “Will this be outdated when it’s released?” etc. Personally, I wish I could write faster but with a full time job, it seems impossible for me to pass the 1 chapter per 3 weeks limit. This makes me respect authors who are committed to finish like a 60-episode novel more than ever.

9 Likes

Personally when writing a novel I try to write at least 1000-1500 words a day.

You can create a few writing routine, you could always try to write 1500 words three times in a week, but if possible writing for a few minutes every day is okay. The goal is to build the habit.

Don’t worry if you’re less productive someday than the other.

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply. You are absolutely right about building a habit. I will try my best to be more self-disciplined.

1 Like