DISCUSSION : How to Properly End a Chapter

1. How do you end your chapter? A season? A series?
I think it is good at the end of every episode to tell your readers where to follow them so that they know where to find updates… For seasons and stuff: I think it just depends on what kind of story it is… If it is just a romance story, then probably just a bunch of chapters… But if it is like a drama/action/adventure type story then seasons are a good thing…

2. How do you feel about “What will happen to Dara Amarie in the next episode” type of ending?
I personally don’t like it when authors do that… Like, I just read the chapter… I don’t need you to basically tell me what I just read…

3. How do you feel about cliffhangers?
I love cliff hangers!!! Cliff hangers are what make me keep reading a story… If it doesn’t have them I feel that it makes the story boring and I don’t want to keep reading…

4. How do you feel when authors recommend their other stories when ending an episode?
I like it when authors do that! Especially when I like the author themselves… That way, I can see what other work they’ve done!

How do you end your chapter? A season? A series?
I end each chapter with a black screen and some author’s notes/questions to make the reader come back.
How do you feel about ‘What will happen to Dara Amarie in the next episode’ type of ending?
I usually end my stories with something like this. Kind of like ‘will…survive?’ or ‘how will…go?’
How do you feel about cliffhangers?
I tend to use a lot of cliffhangers, especially for chapters that had a huge event in them.
How do you feel when authors recommend their other stories when ending an episode?
I don’t mind. I don’t do it myself, but it gives me a chance to see other stories from authors I like.

1 Like

I forgot to mention this in my previous post, but the only time I have an issue with those “What will happen to Dara Amarie?” questions at the end of a chapter is when an author writes a question like “How will the big event go?” and then the next chapter doesn’t include the big event. I think those end of chapter questions should only refer to the events in the next chapter.

1 Like

yes, I extremely dislike those as well. I’m expecting those answers to be questioned in the next episode.

2 Likes