1. Do you have Instagram account for Episode? If no, why not?
- First it was because I don’t even have a personal one so why would I get one for episode
- Then it was because that seems like the biggest tool for distraction and forums does a great job at that already
- Then it became a self challenge - let’s see how “popular” I can get without using instagram to promote myself
- Then it became a case of if I got instagram now, I wouldn’t be able to complain about how instagram gets everything and fourms gets nothing… (beta testing open calls are on insta I believe, plus they ask for shelf recommendations there, but not here… There was that explanation about art announcements on their insta story… also remember how you couldn’t enter the DD contest without having an insta? Like that’s not fair, you can’t force people to get a separate app so they can enter a contest for a different app!). Like I’m basically an advocate now for the non-instagrammers (well, I think so), so what would become of my reputation if I got it? I’d be a sell out. I’d become nothing… But I’d also probably get more reads
2. What do you think are the benefits of having an Insta account?
You can be uncensored… You don’t have to worry about being off topic or getting flagged or being in the wrong section lol
3. What do you dislike about it?
Ok, so… I dislike that it’s made out to feel like you have to have instagram… or else!
Or else you won’t get reads.
Or else you’ll miss updates (from episode themselves and from authors).
Or else you can’t win contests.
Or else you’ll never be considered for a shelf.
Or else your thoughts don’t matter.
4. Did you notice any significant increase in your reads after you joined IG?
5. Do you have an IG account exclusively for Episode?
N/A - wait, isn’t this the same as question 1? Hehe
5.a. How do you make sure to keep it private?
5.b. Do your personal contacts still find you?
N/A - why did I even copy down question 5 at all
5.c Am I just too paranoid?
Nope, I’d die if someone I knew found me. Thanks, Episode, for having the reputation you do that makes me embarrassed to have that app-that-has-all-the-choices-about-sex-on-their-ads.
6. If the Social Feed feature gets released to every Episode user, will you keep your IG account? Are there any features on IG that you would still need?
Well I don’t have an insta to keep, but I don’t think a lot of people will be transferring over… unless the Episode insta account said that they would transfer to using only the feed feature. Then I think a lot of “struggling” authors wouldn’t see the point in it if they wouldn’t get noticed by Episode. Popular authors probably would keep it since it’s a quick way to communicate with fans.
7. Any additional comment you would like to share?
I feel like I elaborated far too much on other points when I should have saved them for this section. Oh well