DISCUSSION: Is Episode Improving?

I know what you mean it’s that I can’t really judge their stories since I stopped reading their featured stories but what I was trying to say the updates play a role even if that role is not very important or huge and of course they’re stories are even more important since its an app about stories but let’s look at how episode made things easier for the writer to write their own stories so we can have a variety of different interesting stories.As for my perspective I thinks that’s what makes me say yes they are improving if you think they dont its your opinion also.

3 Likes

The features have me done at times tho :open_mouth:

Yeah it took them a lot of time and I know Ink hasn’t been updated for a long time now but classic and ink aren’t an emergency like the need to be updated right now I mean I would love to see new clothing but they have enough clothing for now I mean I guess they want to update LL and update everything they want and after they are done with it they will update INK but can’t deny the fact its a bit mess right now

I continued to read the new story and found out that it’s just junk. Episode is not improving on their stories heheheh it’s still bad boys and golden boys or girls.

2 Likes

I see what you’re saying, and I do agree that Episode is making improvement. However, they have a long way to go. Starting with paying attention to less known authors and getting them recognized. They are doing a little of that by having the Hidden Gems shelf, but they only put that up on the app every so often (it should be put up every month on the app). Less known authors have a hard time getting noticed when the community when all you have is the most popular stories first on the genre shelves. Just saying…

5 Likes

:speak_no_evil: :clap:t5:

1 Like

Exactly…
Is Episode improving simply no
nothing improving …

No. They’re improving only visuals, the app looks more modern, I’m happy with Writers Portal and Web Preview. I like the new forum more, but…

• there’s no communication with the team (even when you ask trough sending a ticket. Waiting for a community panel!)
  • our concerns and questions are left unanswered unless there’s a big deal of it.
  • diversity standards are not implemented (except more features for LL, but I wish to see the stories that they’ve promised to us.)
  • gem choices prices are so high! So no. I won’t be reading stories with gem choices and I won’t be paying for them if they cost this much.
  • featured stories, in my opinion, are getting worse and worse…
  • I wish we could hide stories in the trending section (Support!)
  • As Ink lover, I’m disappointed that they don’t even let us know if we can expect more updates (of the stuff they already created!)
  • I miss 4 passes reload every 4 hours!
  • Small authors shelves are a must!
12 Likes

We should have a choice thingy XDXD click on a “…” somewhere

“Do you like this summary?”

choice
No, don’t show me this story again
Maybe, put it away for a while, show me different stories

1 Like

Hahaha!! Dude, like that literally had my laughing.

1 Like

^^’ I’m glad! I wasn’t trying to be funny, but it made you smile, so Nelida: 11/10!

1 Like

I completely agree with everything you said. I understand where you’re coming from especially about the 4 passes given to use every 4 hours and shelves for small authors.

Absolutely not!

2 Likes

You don’t think Episode is improving in some ways?

maybe a few (such as the writer portal preview feature and them introducing LL) but overall No way!

1 Like

I think in some areas and parts of episode and episode forums, they are getting better and improving. In others, it seems they aren’t even trying! They seemed more focused on getting an image getting across rather than an actual message (If that makes any sense). They mainly advertise big authors and that makes the less know/popular authors kinda die out (Metaphorically). Most of the stories they try to push viewers to read are getting worse and worse everytime (In my opinion). They don’t really show diversity or anything like that. Most of the featured stories are the same. Boy meets girls, girl falls in love with boy, boy breaks her heart, boy comes back and girl doesn’t seem to remember what boy did and they live happily ever after. I’m not hating on/towards these authors, I’d just like to see something different from that same storyline. Gem prices are so high, it’s not worth playing the featured stories (In my opinion). Again in some areas, they’re making improvements but still have a LONG way to go to achieve any real difference. Again this is just my opinion. They have made promises to improve some factors, yet keep failing to show that to us. So overall they aren’t improving, but again some factors have but many more have NOT.

5 Likes

I feel you. That’s my whole issue; small authors not getting noticed and recognized. Popular authors are being seen more than less known authors (like myself). Yes I may have over 100k story views on the app, but I am still a less known author because a lot of people don’t know who I am which is discouraging to me as an author.

2 Likes

That is so true! I personally am working on a story right now, but many times I’ve started a story but been discouraged by the thought of never being seen or noticed. I hope I actually continue this time, but Episode really needs to do something for the small authors, with small amounts of view or just different authors with good stories, instead of the same authors and themes!

1 Like

Yes!!! I understand how you feel. Discouragement isn’t a good thing. I love writing, and when I get discouraged I get upset because I can’t even enjoy doing what I love. Another thing is, it’s hard finding stories by less known authors when stories by popular authors are constantly plastered on the app :frowning: There’s something wrong when you have to scroll for DAYS just to find a story by a small author.

3 Likes

So TRUE! They should seriously make a section just for either new writers OR/AND one for writers who are less commonly gone to or whatever! I’m tired of seeing the same stories and Authors. No hate to them, but they needa scoot over and let someone else have a turn at this app!

4 Likes