DISCUSSION: Is Episode Improving?

They aren’t really improving in the Writer Portal…
They did add the previewer and visual editor for INK and Limelight, but made no efforts to make it work for classic (although you can see a glitchy charcter preview of classic in the tutorial story).

But their hands disappear and stuff.

Is Episode Improving?
To be honest, they might be trying. If you look at them now compared to 2015 or something, they’ve obviously made an effort to keep up with today’s world. They are trying to add more diversity with the characters and stories. But the featured stories suck. I’ve stopped reading them because they insist on gem choices for nearly everything. It’s like:
Wear a cute outfit
25 gems
Wear a boring outfit

And I ESPECIALLY hate when it has a certain requirement. For example, you are going to a party and the dress code is blue. So then you have two options:
Blue Dress
25 gems
FRICKING RED DRESS

C’mon, because I don’t have gems I can’t even bother wearing the correct color outfit?!? That is just dumb. And then you and your friend look really sad about it.
Seriously, my friend is sitting there judging me for my outfit.
C’mon, man! You’re supposed to accept my outfits.
And the scenes that you get aren’t that good either. Maybe you learn that the character is sad (as if we didn’t know) but that’s all.
And I feel like the characters in the featured stories are always the same person, depending on the genre.
I like the fact that you can wrote your own stories and I like the community stories. But no, I don’t think episode is really improving. But hopefully in 2019 they will bring us what we want.

9 Likes

Bump

1 Like

In the pretty little liars story, you had to pay gems to wear black clothes at Alison’s funeral. I used that black dress with the As all over it because it was mostly black, but guess what the police didn’t notice that I was wearing black and got suspicious.

1 Like

Make a story look like romance, and you’ll be five times more likely to get a lot of reads.

4 Likes

Character features wise they’re slowly, slowly, painfully slowly improving.

But the stories on the featured section are just appalling now. The forums are turning into silencing central. Hopefully stories will be less cliche and horrible this year. I miss Joseph Evans and having not so many gem choices. They’re everywhere now. It now costs more to play one story than it cost me to buy Spider-Man on the PS4… with DLC

4 Likes

Bump

1 Like

That’s very true.

1 Like

…bump?

After the background situation, definently not. :joy:

7 Likes

Not to mention them featuring another student teacher romance the other day :thinking:

6 Likes

At this point, I’ve pretty much gave up hope for Episode. I don’t really like the decisions that were made this past week.

1 Like

What was the background situation?

And the dumb gang story. And is it just me, or do the official stories seem strangely disturbing?

1 Like

I used to think that Episode was improving on its diversity, but now they forgot to tell the authors to put LGBT stuff in the featured stories, and since they are featured, I feel like they should have that especially because we are creating our own character. Also it still seems the cast is still mostly white with no disabilities ever and four personalities: Generic, sassy, sarcastic, wimpy. They occasionally have a transgender character I think, but they are not ever a main character. They are still stuck with the annoying bad boy and golden boy stuff. Why does the bad boy always have black hair? And in some if the new bad/good boy junk things, they would let you choose to have them be girls, but they made mistakes in that one (calling the female love interests “he” or “the boys”. Also in “A Little More Me”, if you choose a female love interest, they will still use the boy’s locker room. Also Episode has not realized that asexual romance exists. I wonder if they ever will. They won’t listen to us if we tell them, and they want super-sexed relationships for some reason. You will notice that the mc always falls in love with soneone if they are “hot”. Also, it’s against the guidelines to write sexy in your title or description. Like many others, Episode itself has broken this guideline! Predictable.

2 Likes