DISCUSSION: It's Thursday!

Update day tomorrow!!

1 Like

Anyone expecting anything from the update?

3 Likes

Backgrounds and animations

2 Likes

It’s been a while since we’ve got new animations so hopefully they’ll give us some. (Or just one. I don’t care at this point! Just give me a cool animation!)

4 Likes

A full male update would be good.

3 Likes

Remember when they promised us that alleged “huge male update”…? I think I remember Melanie even mentioning at some point that they were “saving up” all the new stuff for males for this very update. However, meanwhile, I don’t think we’ll get it any time soon :roll_eyes: Episode damn well knows that the community is constantly asking for more male clothes, yet they ignore us and give us stuff the majority didn’t really want.
I don’t mean to be ungrateful, but I just noticed recently (when scrolling through each new update post) that less people are really happy with the things we are getting. Now it’s like updates are only for the sake of having “some new things”. But meanwhile, they don’t even fit the themes anymore (just like last week’s update → “Fall Picks”). It seemed more like a collection of random clothing, and nothing necessarily related to the topic.

9 Likes
3 Likes

Does anyone else feel like the Episode team has just said “screw this”, tossed their hands up and have decided just to give us super disjointed updates. For the last several updates, the “theme” is different but the clothes never really match with it.

I am happy with the backgrounds, overlays and animations that we’ve gotten recently. But, as far as the clothing goes, it’s really disappointing to me. I don’t even really look forward to updates anymore. When I first started writing here, I thought ‘wow, look at all these neat clothes! CHARACTER could totally wear this/that’ and now it’s like --I hope it’s backgrounds and animations. lol

Am I alone on this?

11 Likes

Definitely not alone. I like the backgrounds, overlays, and animations as well, but the clothing hasn’t been all that exciting. Or not even that, it’s just that (as you said) the clothing doesn’t really match the theme. I also used to look forward to the updates, even before I started writing my first story lol, and I mean, I still do… but it isn’t the same.

7 Likes

It’s frustrating. Especially (for me) the “Fall” picks update. For me, Fall is peacoats, boots, pants, maybe gloves and purses/bags for the “new season”. And, that particular update was a super disappointing one, imo.

3 Likes

I immediately thought of DJ from Full House! My favorite show to watch as a kid and now!

2 Likes

It really feel like 90% of the clothes in each new update are basically the same type of thing, meanwhile if you want to do any genre stories you have maybe 2 outfits to pick from max. I’m desperate for new clothing for my pre-industrial fantasy story but nevermind here’s 10 new mini-dresses and strappy sandals~! Anybody want more swimsuits~??

5 Likes

Tomorrow is Update Day

5 Likes

Yes it is. Any hopes this week?

I have no expectations this time. I just hope we get some useful clothing pieces that are not weirdly shaded or shaped. (And for them to fix the belt on that blue/grey dress from a few updates ago. :thinking: ).

But, the expectation of getting a “great” update with several useful things is gone.

6 Likes

Do you think we’ll finally get talk_worried_loop so our poor, worried characters can finally put down all those cups and babies?

6 Likes

i doubt we are finally getting babies even though i’ve always wanted them on episode for a very long time lol

1 Like

I think @Reepicheep-chan is talking about getting the talk_worried_loop animation so that we can stop using “talk_cup_worried” and “talk_baby_worried” animations in place of it to get the correct facial expression to show a character is worried. lol

And, you’re right. I do not see anything suggesting that we will be getting babies. lol

1 Like

Without a hope, but waiting as always. :sleepy:

3 Likes

I totally get what you mean! I used to be looking forward to each upcoming update. Now I have only one thought about it: “Please let it have at least 2 pieces I can use.” And by that, I mean no fancy party-outfits but something more casual for everyday life… :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Especially hoping and waiting for some male clothing… :sob:

6 Likes