DISCUSSION: It's Tuesday! (Update Day)

I feel like episode is dying, and as the time pass I’m loosing interest… There’s fewer updates with less items released compared to what we used too have, Episode doesn’t have a writing team anymore, the contest feel more and more random every time and there’s way less entries…

14 Likes
MIni Rant

I think the limited number of entries has to do with the prompts, and maybe even the time limit imposed. I know that as a mom and runner of an entire household, I don’t have enough hours in the day to commit to writing an entry.

But I agree. Though it doesn’t feel so much as “dying” as it is “money hungry corporation” vibes.

• They routinely add expensive gem choices to their “originals” with the added pressure to impressionable readers who want a good experience to spend their money to get more gems so their character can have freckles and wear a pretty dress instead of grungy sweats and an ugly shirt.

• and are now making it a requirement for community contest entries --which means they’re making money off the community stories when people purchase gems to spend on them.

• Not to mention the pricing of their gems/passes and the lack of a monthly subscription that would provide a reader with passes plus # of gems per month (which realistically would make them more money in the long run but hey I’m a nobody to them so :woman_shrugging: ) I don’t know many young readers who have the money to buy them themselves and as a parent I certainly wouldn’t spend 30$ for 37 passes.

• The forums feel dead because they decided to ban any and everyone, and killed a major forum part off because it “doesn’t align with the companies future”.

If the app dies out, it’s all their own doing.

All that said, what do you guys think today’s “theme” will be?

12 Likes

Is it late?

1 Like

who sis they ban???

I have no idea what the theme will be but they seem late…

2 Likes

I won’t name anyone because it’s against the rules to talk about who was banned and why they were but suffice it to say that a lot of people who were very active here got banned which is part of why the forums seem so dry and lifeless.

I’m hoping for more shorts/tshirts for the fem/plus and more pants, shorts and shirts for the guys.

6 Likes
4 Likes

I wish they would upload all the writers portal backgrounds as an overlay as well so we don’t have to do the re uploading when we want to create our own looping backgrounds or use in a tv scene ect.

2 Likes

I have been unmotivated to do anything Episode related . However… I was thinking about possibly making an edit for the next art release. But I do not know when art release day is anymore. So… ( That was such a long winded sentence :woman_facepalming:t5: ) what day and which week of the month is art release going to be held if you know?

8 Likes

So September just started and going by the previous posts it should be second or third week on Tuesday.

5 Likes

oh wow, I thought they do releases on the last week of the month, this is so confusing for real. :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

I understand it can be confusing but here is the break down
They aim to release in the middle of the month and give us two deadlines to create our edits hence the confusion arises.
But the edit deadlines are kept in way that the second deadline is the last week of the month.

Okay let me take this month as an example.

It has 4 weeks. Now the update day is Tuesday so if the release date is 20th the edit deadlines are 20th and 27th.

(Hope it made sense :sweat_smile:)

5 Likes

ohhh, I think I’m understanding it a bit. Thank you!

3 Likes

Thanks… I am sure I am not going to get it right… but at least someone tried to explain it. This is part of my reluctance to even check in anymore… everything has gotten too complicated for no reason.

6 Likes

I understand, ll try to mention you when they update so if you feel like checking it out you can :blush:

3 Likes

Thank you Love!!!

3 Likes

Today (9/13) is the day! What do you all think this month’s theme will be?

2 Likes
5 Likes

So what did y’all think of this month’s update? I think the background (with overlays :exploding_head: ) was a good addition and that we got a good bit of new stuff instead of recolors. Still wish we’d get shirts and skirts that are a little more modest but
:woman_shrugging:
I thought it was on okay update, and much better than previous ones.

3 Likes

Idk why but I cant be impressed by it

Feels like stuff we already have and frankly lackluster…maybe im bitter about the change but

Its a teaspoon of items in the span of a longer wait time…

We need more modest clothes and hairstyles like all my supposed LIs in storys look generic and again…always need afro hair textured styles

And im bias but some more edgy/kawaii clothes

7 Likes

Oh, to be clear, I’m definitely not impressed by the update, lol I just think that compared to the other “monthly” updates, this one had better and new assets instead of recolors of stuff we already had.

Agreed that they should try to incorporate more cultures into their clothing designs/features. And for the love, could they give the guy characters un-cropped slacks that aren’t skin tight? lol. To me it’s always felt like the guys are an afterthought and it’s unfair given that we have male authors that I’m sure would love to show their own style through their characters instead of jeans and t shirts or business suits. :woman_shrugging:

They are past due for a hair/features update if I’m not mistaken but it would be nice to get them and maybe soon we will. And I TOTALLY agree about modest clothing.

But, yeah, not impressed so much as I am glad they seem to be putting out new things instead of recolors.

5 Likes