DISCUSSION: It's Tuesday! (Update Day)

Exactly!! It just boggles my mind how there are literally hundreds if not thousands (counting the old wishlist too!!) of posts telling them “Hi! Can we please have this?” And they’re just like “haha no.” What’s the point of having a wishlist if they’ll only give us like 2 items from it a month IF that when they have copious assets that the community could greatly benefit from??

We’re tired. :face_exhaling:

7 Likes

Pretty sure the entire purpose of this last release was to let us know they no longer care. Why else would they have a release that’s essentially one outfit, in different colors, that pretty much no one will use? Just like in stories where you’re meant to “show, not tell”, they’re showing us they no longer care without explicitly stating it. Normally I’m not too bothered by lackluster releases because I’ve always felt they were at least trying and it does take time to create new assets. But this last release makes their feelings about the community abundantly clear.

7 Likes

Let me know when you start fully working on it!

2 Likes

Tell me why I think this sounds like it could be an Episode Original story title :sob: Ofc it would be another bad boy story, the bad boy’s name is something like Axel Decay, and you have to pay 200 gems to get him to stop bullying you (plot twist: he does it because he loves you!!)

But to be more on topic, I really don’t get the point of the wishlist thread either. The first one was posted in 2019. I think we’ve only gotten a handful or so of the assets that have been posted in these threads since then? I understand that it’s probably hard to keep track of the replies since there are literally thousands of requests… Idk if an idea like this has already been said, but maybe they could make a poll asking us what we’d want out of an update for the month, sift through what they have, and release it that way? Even if they’re smaller updates, at least we’d feel like we’re being listened to :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

More like an awesome dark fantasy story with lots of choices hahaha

But yeah… the alternative ×_× sounds horrible hate bully “romance” stories

Yeah…it feels like were just talking into an echo chamber at this point. Makes me not wanna even want to wish list.

I genuinely hate this monthly update crud. Its SO lackluster…like heres a teaspoon of random hodgepodge of items and make you wait a whole month for even more scraps

Truly its insulting

3 Likes

I wonder what kind of garbage item they will give us this month :clown_face:

6 Likes

Fully agree with this statement.
As much as I love seeing the edits that our great community makes each update, I really wish everyone would sit the next one out. Give them NO content of ours to make their IG posts.

They obviously don’t give a dang about any of their community members. IF they did we’d get more than what they’ve given us. There’s wishlists from the past TWO years full of stuff we ALL agree that we want and still we’ve barely gotten any of them. It’s really infuriating. I’ve started learning the code system for Spotlight because of this B.S.

Editing because I had an even better (more petty) idea… since they say put that they can use your image, make awesome edits and then don’t give them permission to use ANY of them.

7 Likes

Speaking of permission, make sure to read the terms and conditions for Spotlight carefully. I remember checking them out when it first started to become a thing and though I don’t remember the specific problems I had, I do remember that there was stuff buried in the T&C that enabled them to screw you over if they really wanted to. I think they also have mandatory binding arbitration for disputes. So, again, not quite on the up and up. Which is a shame because it looks very similar but with way more assets and support.

5 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. :smiley:

3 Likes

Probably one background, two recolors of some old dresses and a reindeer costume that absolutely no one will use.

5 Likes

since they have nothing to do with the holidays ahead, my predictions:
Clown suit
A wishlist item since they bailed on that this past update
Complex Color Swimming suits and bikinis.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Well, damn. I was wrong. :joy:

3 Likes

A clown suit :rofl:

I’m very glad your prediction was wrong :joy:

4 Likes

I truly wouldn’t have been shocked.

It’s nice that we finally got a new background WITH some overlays and the new animations are awesome. Tbh, I hated almost every new female outfit/piece. lol

6 Likes

Wow :open_mouth: But why though? :thinking:

1 Like

They weren’t badly made or anything, just personal preference. And I’m glad they’re starting to give overlays with their backgrounds… I created a whole drive of overlays I made for their unusable background (the ones that had furniture etc everywhere but no overlays for writers to use.) because there were so many.

I love that we got text animations because it opens up more expressions than sad or neutral.

And the why is because the last several updates haven’t been great at all-- especially the unicorns.

4 Likes

I can see why :skull:

4 Likes

it was horrendous. lmao.

I’m still waiting on them to realize that people have angry, sad and sarcastic conversations while sitting down. Maybe, once they do, we will get more sit_talk animations. :smiley:

4 Likes

This right here is what I need. I’m so tired of having to zoom in all the time so you can’t see the character is really standing instead of sitting. :laughing:

4 Likes