DISCUSSION: Let’s Talk about THE K*SS LIST

Let’s have a chat

I’m less then a minute into the story (The kiss list) and it’s already meeting all the episode tropes.

I won’t go into the whole “in my bed” and “blah blah guidelines hypocrites!” Because we’ve all heard it all and it’s just something we can’t change.

Rather, I’d like to rant.

As someone who’s asexual, I am deeply uncomfortable with the portrayal of characters and storyline in this story.

Firstly, why is it that every episode MC is extremely sexual and promiscuous? Not that there’s anything wrong with that, it’s just weird how it’s like that in every story.
The story starts with the main character talking about her sexual experiences with many “boy toys” and “girl toys”. The entire time I cringed.

I feel like the MC is forced into explicit situations I’m not comfortable with. Hell, it’s worse when I name my character after me and make her look like me and then she acts like a thot: which isn’t like me at all considering I’m asexual and sex repulsed.

Another thing is,
Episodes story always appear sex driven. There’s sex appeal, sex mentioned 24/7, and so on. It’s extremly uncreative and Creepy.

I watched their Instagram live story and they said it takes them 11 months to create a story plot…

11 months for you to create this…

WhAt?

I come up with extremely complex storylines just from standing in the shower for 5 minutes waiting for my conditioner to settle in.

Either way,
I can already tell I’m going to dislike this story.

I can’t relate to the MC.

It’s the same concept as the rest of their stories.

Too much sexualization.

What’s your thoughts?

Share them below.

6 Likes

15 posts were merged into an existing topic: Let’s Talk About K*ss List & What We Know So Far