1. As a writer do you take a lot of time to develop the MC before hand or do you prefer to let them develop as you go along? Why?
I wouldn’t say I take a lot of time, but I usually have a brief idea about his/her personality before I start writing. Everything else comes along the way.
2. Do you prefer Male MCs or Female MCs? Why?
I prefer male MCs because they are in minority, so I find them more interesting to both read and write about. I have two stories with male MC, so now I’m trying to come up with a story idea for a female MC, because I feel like it’s time.
3. Who is your favorite MC from one of your stories on Episode and why?
Aaron from Psychology 101, because he’s supposed to be a “bad boy”, but he never really does anything bad besides sleeping around and skipping classes. He tries to make it look like he loves himself the most, but he secretly has his own insecurities and he actually cares about other people.
4. As a reader do you like when you can relate to the MC or is it fun to have nothing in common with them?
I certainly like if I can relate to the MC. She/he doesn’t have to have the same personality as me, but if the MC does things that I completely disagree with or that make me uncomfortable, I stop reading the story.
5. As a reader do you enjoy MCs who are on the more quiet (shy more reserved) or on the louder side (fierce, not afraid to stand up for themselves)?
Both, if done well. I like shy MCs, but not the type who is completely unable to stand up for themselves and accepts everything without a question. And as for the “stronger” characters, I like when they are passionate and I don’t mind if they easily get into arguments, but it has to have an actual reason. Like, the “sassy” MC who just goes around slapping people is something I will never understand
6. As a writer do you take the role of creating an MC importantly? Why or why not?
Of course, the MC is my most important character, pretty much everything revolves around them. (And Aaron enjoys this a lot haha)
7. Do you write your MC or does your MC write you?
It starts with me writing the MC, but after a few episodes the MC starts writing their own dialogue and they even influence the plot development. I accepted it, and I just get out of the way, lol
8. How important is picking the MCs name in a story to you?
Not at all. I always use the default name if I have the chance.
9. Is there a side character in one of the stories you’ve written that you’d like to make an MC in a new story?
I’ve been thinking about this, but no. After a while I usually get bored of my stories, so I make sure to finish them before this happens. Even though it would be a different story with a side character, it would still have references to the old one, so no, I‘d prefer to write something new.
10. What Harry Potter House would you sort your MC into?
I don’t know much about Harry Potter (I only read the first book), but I’m pretty sure Aaron would choose Slytherin without hesitation
11. What kind of music is your MC into? Books?
I’ve never really thought about that, but I would say he likes rock and electronic music. He often goes to clubs to pick up girls, so I hope he doesn’t hate techno, I wouldn’t want to torture him He barely knows what books are