Discussion : MC's that are hypocrites

As always this MY opinion and you do not have to agree with it.You can always comment your opinions but please be kind

I am kinda mentally exhausted those months and today i had the desire to talk about something that really bothers me in some stories.

MC’s that are straight up hyprocrites

° Probably the one that pisses me off the most and makes me want to hit my head in a wall.

Main characters that usually have a main LI interest( sometimes have some other too even though they are not really that important as the main).For some reason,the MC has the right to kiss whoever she wants because she "isn’t in a relationship " with the LI(which is acceptable obviously) but suddendly when the Ll talks someone even if it’s a freaking cockroach,she starts with those melodramatic stuff,acting like they cheated or something while she has kissed all the LI without caring.I don’t believe it’s wrong to have more than one Ll but don’t get upset if one of the Ll’s goes with someone else.
° *** MC’s that hit/slap the LL.***
I have seen many stories,usually when the Ll is caught kissing another girl [even though in the end it’s proven that he didn’t even kiss back but whatever:’)] and the main character NOT GIVING a chance to explain she just starts slapping him.Like excuse me,when did you get the right to assault someone.

°The MC’s not really caring about the Ll.

So,hear me out on this.We all probably have encountered at least one story with a mean girl that sexually harasses the Ll by touching him,kissing him etc. When the MC gets an explanation and understands that the Ll didn’t cheat,they feel so relieved but isn’t anyone going to talk about the fact that someone sexually harassed him.
Now how would it be if the roles were switched?
Wouldn’t everyone hate a boy that cared more about the girl not cheating instead of caring about the fact that the girl was harassed?
But he is a boy so it doesn’t matter right?

Edit: Another hypocritical thing I forgot
Main characters that slut-shame girls that they don’t even know
This honestly makes me disgusted,especially when the authors are all about equality and girl powers but their characters slut shame girls that don’t even do anything wrong.They jump to conclusions like it’a trampoline,and it turns out that the girl that they slut - shamed is a family member,a childhood friend that has A BOYFRIEND,or a lesbian.
And then they feel guilty,because they couldn’t have flirted with Ll but if the girl was nothing from the above they wouldn’t feel any kind of remorse.Disgusting.
Edit 2: MC’s that make multiple LI’s wait for her
So I AM SURE you have alllll seen a story at least that has two or more love interests.
Which is not a bad thing at all,you know? More variety and you can kinda decide what character you like more.
But what’s really the shady thing about multiple love interests? Sometimes they are treated like toys from the main character that for some reason takes 50 chapters to decide that she can’t string along all of them.So she decides and one of them is happy and the others sad.But that isn’t so fair is it? Because if the roles were reversed,if girls were waiting for a boy to make up his mind,everyone would be like you girls deserve better, You don’t need a manwhre like him.But isn’t anyone going to talk about the fact THAT IN A BIG PERCENT OF STORIES LI ARE STRINGED ALONG WHILE THE MAIN CHARACTER MAKES UP HER MIND?
No.Ok?

I can honestly find more reasons if I search but ok.
Tell me if you agree/disagree in the comments,as always.

32 Likes

OMG I AGREE WITH THIS SO MUCH! I’m tired of these double standards and offenses against men being neglected. It’s bad both ways and shouldn’t be encouraged PERIOD!

15 Likes

I love you so much for this.
Whenever i see this i am like,hello will you ask him IF HE IS FINE OR WILL YOU CONTINUE CARING ABOUT YOYRSELF?

5 Likes

Sad part is, this is in so many popular Episode stories mainly Ink. It’s revolting and I can’t stand it.

7 Likes

I agree so much.

1 Like

Honestly, I completely agree.
This reminded me of the story My First Everything
And it did because like, she was completely shocked when Shana was dating Amanda, when like, she was dating Shana and Rey like, simulataniously. Which is sorta like a polygamy relationship
And yeah…I hate it when you don’t give the other person a chance to explain. Because that’s something they use to try and get the plot moving again…aren’t they writers though? Can’t they figure out something that isn’t used in almost every single romance thing?

5 Likes

I agree as well!
Especially the whole things they do where they dont like over protective or jealous boyfriends but even if they see a cockroach talking with the Ll they will probably slut shame it.
Oh i forgot to add the slut shaming

4 Likes

Honestly, I don’t get why people call each other sluts…it’s just…rude. Unless they’re joking…

Oh yeah, and the MC is totally like, “That was 2 years ago get over it bitch”
When they themselves are like, “WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?! I’M STILL SALTY AFTER 10 YEARS!”

7 Likes

Omg this makes me mad when the girl gets mad at the guy for getting kissed wwhen he even tries to explain he didnt want to :expressionless: just the general “oh my gosh I just caught him kissing someone else!” Scenes annoy me cos it’s like in every damn story (obviously an overexaggeration)

7 Likes

Exactly.Like chill dude.Let the man explain
HOW
HE WOULD LET YOU EXPLAIN,DO THE SAME.

1 Like

I really don’t get it.

2 Likes

Omg girls and their jumping to conclusions and overthinking shit. :woman_facepalming:t3:

7 Likes

Irl, it’d be like, I’m mad at you, but I want you to explain

3 Likes

That is how a lot of girls are in stories :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Makes me roll my eyes at the back if my brain.

2 Likes

Yessss

2 Likes

Unfortunately

2 Likes

Yeah.
I mean it’s just dumb how authors make these MC’s the most retarded human beings on the planet. :unamused:

2 Likes

Yeah…I mean, we ain’t dumb people

And the sad thing is, most of the writers here are females, and most of the MC’s are females, and they aren’t doing their own gender justice.

5 Likes

OMG.
Right? Like seriously if you’re a female, at least make us feminine species look smart.:roll_eyes:

2 Likes