Discussion: Missed Connections (CONTEST)

:eyes:

1 Like

So you will be awarded as ā€œOn Spot Story Writerā€. One more award will be added to your awards list :no_mouth:

Previous Awards
  • Epi Social Service.
  • Kindness.
  • Some 5 to 10 Nameless but Priceless awards. (Lol Iā€™m sorry, Iā€™m out of words.)
2 Likes

Hahahaha! I really hope someone takes that idea though :rofl:

2 Likes

They willā€¦ You know sometimes we want to write something but we donā€™t know what to write. So definetely people will search for ideas and when they stalk this thread TA-DA they will find yours!!

1 Like

Well I hope when someone does, it will one day trend in the romance genre. True gang romance FOR THE WIN! :fist:

2 Likes

Canā€™t agree more :joy:

1 Like

And that day another award will be waiting for you (Lol ok Iā€™ll shut up now.)

1 Like

Seriously same for me, I have like 3 current WIPs I want to publish as soon as possible too. Itā€™s like Iā€™ve been dormantly waiting for the latest art updates to feel productive :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I have a plot, a pair of main characters, and a way to make it not stalker-ish, so I guess Iā€™m doing this.

6 Likes

Oh, if youā€™re joining this contest then Iā€™m super excited now! :smiley:

3 Likes

Iā€™m entering (going to try to anyways) :clap: I have a basic plot and characters - itā€™s fantasy, comedy and romance.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got my answers! Thank you Liz for answering them! :blush:

Questions to remind:

Questions:

1- Can the entry have a subgenre? Would this affect the ā€œfit to themeā€? (Thriller is the one asked the most)
2- Are queerplatonic relationships (two people being more than friends but less than lovers) allowed? To be more specific, do characters actually have to be in love?
3- Should the connected person be found at the end of episode 1/2/3? Or can they be found much later in the story?

Answers:

1. Yes, sub-genres are allowed. As to whether it affects fit to theme that depends on what you do with your story line. The theme is missed connections so you would want to stick to that theme as much as possible. (@FallenAngelNight13 @EliseC Iā€™m sure Thriller/Action will be okay as long as main characters lose their connection.)

2. Hmm, this is a tricky one to answer. Since the genre for this contest is Romance you would want that to be a significant part of your story. However, romance doesnā€™t have to mean being in love, it could mean starting a new relationship and / or characters figuring out their feelings for one another. (@Cam the story has to be in romance genre, but it doesnā€™t have to be about falling in love, so Queerplationic relationships or alterous love would be okay. :blush:)

3. There is no set answer for when they have to reconnect with the person, but again, you want to make sure your story fits the theme. If your plan is to have your characters finally meet in chapter 20, but only have 3 chapters for the contest, it might be hard to see how the story fits the theme.

^ This is for all those who are confused. As Liz said, putting it really late in the story is not the wisest idea, so I suggest at least mentioning the reconnection in 3rd chapter if you are going for a long story. (Something like; they walk by each other, remember each other then chapter 3 ends there.)

7 Likes

Are yall still entering this? Tell me Iā€™m not the only one :worried:

I just decided to enter, I have a month to finish a story about a musical. -,-

3 Likes

Not entering but I wish you and everyone else who enters good luck! :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks! Iā€™ll need that :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes. I am. Iā€™m actually working with a partner on this hehe

4 Likes

Iā€™m gonna enter too, gonna make this workā€¦

2 Likes

If I do finish mine, itā€™s gonna be like 4 episodes and completed.

Its possible and easy. The story can take a turn after they met. You just need to show the missed connection in first 3 episodes

4 Likes

After the contest is over, as far as I know, the author can do anything they want so it might be possible.

1 Like