Discussion: More Content For Diverse Characters

Here’s hoping this topic doesn’t get merged or closed. I’m currently writing a story that features diverse characters. I like to point out all my stories have diversity, but this one actually stands out, in my opinion. I recently created an Asian character. I then realized that Episode lacks content for Asians. Not all Asians have monolid eyes… They lack hair for the males. Actually, they lack a lot of content for diverse characters and that throws me off. Have you noticed in the rules of these contest they state that they would love to see diverse characters? ↲

Don’t get me wrong. I like that this is a rule, but the fact that you have to state it… Is very I dunno? Why aren’t people including it regardless? I mean what do you see when you are outside among people? You see diversity. But I’m getting off-topic. Episode should practice what they preach is all I’m saying. Give us more content for diverse characters. It’s starting to seem like episode is using diversity as a marketing strategy and it shows. I would love to see more traditional content, more wedding dresses. More facial features. Hair accessories. Another cultural update would be nice for starters. I just think Episode should branch out and get to know more cultures and understand the difference.
I hope I made sense. I’m not trying to bash Episode. I just wish the Episode team would do a little more research, you know?

This is my South Korean character. ⇙

Click here.

Stephanie Kim.
Give us more content.

Information on my upcoming story.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0BsHoqFolK/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Here is a topic to discuss Thursday's art release.

DISCUSSION: It's Tuesday! (Update Day) - #520 by LiyahxWrites
Sorry for the mention Lana.

12 Likes

I can make tons of diverse characters, sure I need some more features. It really depends on your taste, if you can really make diverse characters.

3 Likes

Yeah, same here. I just think that we need more content. They lack content for certain races and it’s quite annoying.

3 Likes

I know you aren’t, I myself am a blunt person. :joy:

3 Likes

Yes, they keep the good ones to themselves.

THEY HAVE BLACK NATURAL HAIRSTYLES IN STORAGE, it was in College ~ ish

4 Likes

Fr.

1 Like

*I wish they had some waves, men need some new hair as well.

An app for everyone

YOUR MISSING

• More Natural Hairstyles
  • Disabled People Features
  • More Men Hairstyles
  • Diverse Features
  • Missing Limbs for Military
  • Different BODY SHAPES {Which they are working on}
  • How could I forgot… KIDS WITHOUT BOOBS AND ABS, YOU"RE MISSING THAT ALSO!!

But it’s cool, we all love a normal blonde-white girl in featured stories 24/7

6 Likes

I know they can’t release new hairstyles, clothing etc. from featured stories because of their licenses. But, some more diversity and culture in updates would be awesome, as I myself are making a Thai main character for my upcoming story. I also feel like some of us are giving the episode team a little bit of a hard time with these kind of things. But, at the same time, if they can create such ‘diverse’ and ‘good looking’ clothes and hairstyles for featured stories you really don’t have much of an excuse for lack of diversity in your products when it comes to these kind of things. :joy:

4 Likes

Thank you! I understand it takes time and effort to create all of these things. I get it, but you have these diverse features in your featured stories… Why not release those for the community as well? It’s not like they have to make them LOL. They’re already made.
Collegeish, Mafia Girl. Both stories are fully released so, why not give us that? Lol.

4 Likes

Because then no one would have a reason to read them.

4 Likes

Not necessarily. There’s a ton a people who enjoy the featured stories.

2 Likes

I was joking lol

1 Like

I happen to partially agree with that statement although, I still don’t read them :wink:

3 Likes

But they will make some more cool stuff, then people will read it. It’s an ongoing cycle.

2 Likes

Yikes I don’t read episode originals for that same reason. They lack proper hairstyles and being poc, episode doesn’t cater for us. :sleepy:

3 Likes

I’d rather they not enforce diversity because when that happens you just have these fake as characters that are thrown in to make the story diverse
Their skin colour is literally one of their personality traits… dafuq!!!

4 Likes

Well, that’s not what I was saying in the post. I was expressing that they should add more content for diverse characters. It quite hard making a Chinese or a Native American character for example with little to no content.

5 Likes

Bump :yay:

It’s easy to make diverse characters.

1 Like

Oh that I agree with, completely. However, we can always utilize what we have and make our characters more beautiful. We definitely need more ethnic features, they’re kinda limited

1 Like