DISCUSSION: My Brother's Best Friend

You… you don’t?

1 Like

Nope.

Don’t get me wrong I’m not disappointed

1 Like

Hmmm, it’s still on Episode Official’s profile on my app :confused: I thought this was a sign they were deleting it for a min

1 Like
I just put my whole thing in here but TL;DR WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

Now I’m sad. :disappointed:

What the actual fuck

Okay because the eating disorder shit wasn’t bad enough :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I mean, I definitely like stories that aren’t all sunshine and rainbows, but this is just twisted, especially from an official story. Not just the fact that it should have trigger warnings, but the way it’s presented in a trivial, non-serious kind of way. The general energy of these choices, making troubling decisions in terrible circumstances, kinda reminds me of my story tbh, difference being that my story is horror and is thoroughly presented as such. My story doesn’t have eating disorder stuff in it though, like holy crap.

It’s just hard to wrap my head around the mindset of writing this story to get money from teens, okaying it, and publishing it. Was it supposed to be this dark, and they just didn’t put the trigger warnings and Mature Themes post? Or was the entire writing and approval team just feeling extra psychologically detached that day?

^^^^^^^^^^^

3 Likes

I’ll check again but they might be beta testing

1 Like

It’s an old ink story, if that helps you find it… probs not in beta anymore lol

1 Like

You’ve summed up a lot of my feelings with this part here

2 Likes

I found it and people are Asking when’s the next episode!?

2 Likes

Welp fanmail submitted. I’m interested to see if they respond, I said they wouldn’t in the fanmail but now I’m curious

2 Likes

&& episode isnt getting any better either. you’d think that after 4 years episode would change their ways and do what they stand for and behind, APPROPRIATE STORIES, but nooo!! whenever my friends start playing episode, they are always playing the featured stories and i have to tell them to read the author stories, because in all honesty, they arent as cliche, and not as near as sensitive and disgusting as stories like THESE.

2 Likes

This story is just not okay. Episode has said multiple times that this platform has 12/13 year olds on it. Then why create a story about an eating disorder where the character lies to herself instead of actually trying to fix it.

Then they just push it aside because this is a romance story. I really don’t know how this story was okayed to be on the app.

3 Likes