Discussion: My First Kiss

Oh wait I have it now :joy:

I really like it.
Some LGBT represent is very nice to see & I love me some romance.
The MC seems sweet and funny.
Which girl are u guys leaning towards? I’m leaning towards Valentina

2 Likes

I’m thinking Valentina too

2 Likes

Yeah i’m not sure what it is but I like her:)

2 Likes

I personal love the story, nothing is rushed in it

Does anyone else feel that the girl who thought she get the part in the play will be like the bad guy in the story?

1 Like

I have the Featured one.

Overall, I like it but it feels a little too Episode Featured Storyish for me.
I suppose that’s cause Episode often has stories changed slightly to better fit their style when they become featured.

I can see how it’ll appeal to other people & it’s intended audience. It’s a huge step forward for Episode to feature a story with all female love interests.

I wanna check out the Community version soon.

3 Likes

The lead character seems to totally hate men. I have a lesbian friend who’s ex was an actress. She had no qualms about kissing men in plays, after all, it was only acting. If she has difficulties kissing men, I don’t think she’ll get far as an actress. I don’t remember Heath Ledger complaining about his love scenes in ‘Brokeback Mountain.’

2 Likes

It’s kind of different when it’s her first kiss and she’s just a teen. Maybe if it wasn’t, it wouldn’t be as big a deal, but imagine your first kiss not only being with someone of a sex you aren’t attracted to, but also for the purpose of a play…

Some people might be cool with it, if they don’t care that much about first kisses (I didn’t really, but I can see why someone would be), but otherwise I think it’s understandable. Doesn’t mean she hates men.

5 Likes

Yes, I know but that is a huge part of being an actress. A lot have to kiss unattractive men. Some even have to kiss older men. Some straight are even required to kiss other women. I’m sure none of them want to, but they just go through it as part of the career they chose. Kissing Someone you aren’t attracted to is very much part of that career. It’s no less right or wrong if it’s someone you’re attracted to. It would seem rather wrong if she had to kiss an attractive girl or an unattractive one and was saying “please don’t let me kiss her.” The kissing in the play is NOT meant to be enjoyed in real life and the other person could take offence if they knew the character really wanted to, not because she was just acting.
Maybe I saw it wrong, but the MC only has female friends and seems to really dislike the one male character (even if he is a creep, he is only asking her out, she can say no.) A lot of lesbian people I know have male friends too and enjoy their company. Some even prefer male friends, like some gay men like female friends. I think only having female friends is the old, lesbians don’t want to be associated with the male race cliche.

4 Likes

Except this story is set in high school and none of them are professional actors. Guy or girl, I would react the same way if I had to kiss anyone from my school in any of the plays we did (but my school frowned upon kissing anyway, so I didn’t have anything to worry about lol)

6 Likes

I know, but it’s probably different if you’re a teen and it’s your first kiss :slightly_smiling_face:
I don’t disagree that if the MC wants to be a serious actress and is like, “omg I have to kiss someone I don’t like?!?!? NO” then that would be weird. You couldn’t make it big in theatre of cinema with that attitude.
But I think a teen not wanting to have their first kiss with a total random in a high school theatre production is understandable.

As for the part where he asks her out, I haven’t gotten to that bit yet because I want to spend gems on this story and I don’t have enough saved😂

2 Likes

But in all fairness it’s romeo and Juliet and she would know that kissing is definently going to happen. She did chose to go for the lead and would have known beforehand that she would have to kiss. Being upset because it’s a guy is like being upset because it’s an unattractive woman.

2 Likes

Well like I said, my school didn’t let us have kissing scenes in our performances so we performed Romeo ans Juliet countless times without ever having people kiss. To me, the most unrealistic thing is that she does have to kiss him in the play. I guess that must be a difference between Australian and American schools though :confused:

3 Likes

It depends on the play. In Romeo and Juliet they would have to kiss as its essential to the plot. Not a tongue or anything. In most plays they try to fake the kiss.
I think you’ll find our schools are no different

3 Likes

Well if most schools are faking the kiss in Romeo and Juliet anyway, what’s wrong with MC being afraid to have her first kiss with a guy in this story? Lol. Can’t argue that she should have known there was a kissing scene because she probably thought it would be faked

1 Like

Have you seen Romeo and Juliet. It’s not just a kiss on the hand thing

1 Like

I’m so confused. You just said most plays they fake the kiss? And I also said that my school did Romeo and Juliet and we never made two people kiss for it. We just made it look that way.

3 Likes

Where they kiss on the hand, they kiss on their own hand. Or If one I’d facing behind the pretend. But in Romeo and Juliet the kiss isn’t like that.

1 Like

When I saw the description I was like: :face_with_raised_eyebrow::thinking::expressionless:
I’m not being mean, I just read the description and It was kinda weird