Discussion: New Featured Story, Perfect Little Housewife by Bri

What’s the name of the original?

The same exact title, actually

1 Like

Bump

I read the original and absolutely loved it. Read 5 minutes of the featured and couldn’t finish it. She said she had nothing to do it writing the featured so i’m not sure. I get it’s not for some people but the original was really good in my opinion

1 Like

Note: Bella is the name of my character in this story.

I gave up on the featured as soon as I was forced to wear that hideous white dress (well I did complete the first chapter cause I get a gem and I don’t have to waste any passes), so I can’t really say anything about it. I gave the original a chance though because the MC being married to her father’s friend was… different from the other featured stories. Normally, I stay as far away from stories that contain abuse or my character cheating on her SO as possible, but this one intrigued me. It is nice and for a story that goes completely against my morals, I actually liked it. I did try to refrain from making choices that lead to Bella flirting with Sawyer for the first few chapters cause I thought aside from the age difference and Richard treating Bella like the scum of the earth, I thought the husband was at least loyal to her. And to an extent, I’d rather handle negligence than cheat on the one I’m married to. And I thought Cordelia was faithful to her husband as well. I’d rather not let Bella be a homewrecker or a cheater. But after a few chapters, when I found out that not only was Richard cheating with Bella, there were also hints of Richard and Cordelia being sexually (maybe even romantically) involved, I decided if he was allowed to cheat, so was my character. Now, in real life situation, if I was cheated on, I’d dump my SO’s ass right then and there and if it was a marriage, I’d divorce them. But, in this case, Bella does not know about her husband’s cheating tendencies and divorce doesn’t seem to exist here, so I decided to let Bella be a bit more receptive to Sawyer’s advances. Still, I was a bit reserved (wherever choices were involved), however knowing Richard also abused Bella broke the camel’s back. Now, I have decided to make Bella be as flirty and receptive towards Sawyer’s advances as possible cause a devil as Richard doesn’t deserve a girl as Bella.

2 Likes

I mean bri’s stories have always been good, and I do like perfect little housewife, but only the old version because it’s better, it makes more sense but tbh episode justs ruin good stories by featuring them

I read the new version, what annoyed and upsetted me most (Other than MC’s psychopath husband and mother) is: MC’s sister Bianca is dating a guy called Todd (Not sure if I remember his name correctly) Todd is receiving scholarship. When MC’s mother found out about their relationship, she threatened him to cancel his scholarship. Todd (understandably) gets frightened and decides to end their relationship. Bianca gets all hysterical and accuses Todd of being selfish and traitor. EXCUSE ME? You can’t stand up to your mother, (THE REAL PROBLEM) make her come around, but you have some nerve expecting your boyfriend to give up his future and accept all this injustice? How can you guarantee tomorrow? What if you don’t get along and break up? Will Todd be left with nothing? I would never want to be with someone like her.

2 Likes

Okay, I’m just gonna say it right now: if you want a slowburn romance where you can fully understand everything, READ THE ORIGINAL VERSION OF THIS STORY. It’s much better, and based on the choices you make, your relationships with the characters will actually mean something.

1 Like