Discussion: new flannals!

OKAY, so I just saw the new flannels and I AM SO HAPPY!!!. I absolutely love the flannels and before they only had that one yellow one which is cute but I AM SOOOOO HAPPYYYYYYY for the new ones. Ik this is a messy forum but I’m just so frckin happy!! :heart:

Comment what you think :heart:

4 Likes

I wish they’d call it tartan, tbh.

6 Likes

And yeah. They are cute. I like the tied blue and white one with the Red long sleeved one.

2 Likes

Yeahh me too

1 Like

They are cute n.n

3 Likes

I agree :joy:

1 Like

The plaid flannels are really interesting, I like the colours they come in.

Plaid is a name of appropriation. Americans need to know where the pattern they think they own came from

2 Likes

Weird flex but okay.

3 Likes

It’s actually more the other way around. Tartan is the correct name for that type of pattern. Americans simplified and changed it. This particular pattern is tartan.

3 Likes

I wish they would have released the red tied waist Tartan. I could have used it. Along with other long sleeved tartan shirts like the tied ones. I want the Teal long sleeved ones and Yellow. :sleepy:

3 Likes

Overall, the flannels/tartans are pretty neat.

I may not be as well-versed in fashion and cultural history but I think Episode had good intentions in releasing some items which are associated with prior plaid clothing. They are a company based in California, US, of course they would portray ‘diverse’ fashions, albeit in a limited point of view. Everyone to some extent cannot be aware of every cultural contribution in the world, coming from a Chinese Singaporean.

Tartan has an impeccable history both in Europe and the US, expressing rebellion and national pride especially in the former. Here are some articles I found which seems interesting:

That being said, more traditional Scottish clothing as well as lesser-known yet prominent European/Asian ones would be appreciated. Literally the other ‘Scottish’ item of clothing I can think of from Episode is the Ink ‘Touch of Scotland’.

While I completely agree with what you’re saying, I feel the need to point out that what they’re trying to mimic is a flannel shirt. I live in Canada and we just call them flannels or flannel shirts.

1 Like

Anyways, I hope the corresponding shirts would come soon too, maybe with some extra winter pyjama sets!

2 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is not a feature request. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

I was wondering the same thing :clap: fighting over a title for a piece of clothing. Smh :woman_facepalming: disappointing to me :woman_shrugging:

(Since I can call this whatever I want) I really do love these plaid flannels. They’re going to be on my story alot since it’s perfect for the theme. They look so cute I just love them. :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Yeah, I was so excited about flannels being added. I’ve been begging episode for flannels and loose clothing forever. They’re finally getting into it! :cherry_blossom:

4 Likes

I’m a big fan of loose clothing :heart_eyes: it look so cute with the LL style in my opinion. I didn’t notice the flannels till I was looking through the outfits a few days ago and I immediately fell in love with it.

2 Likes

Also the designs are super nice, I’m particularly fond of the teal

2 Likes

I figured they would, can’t bring up the term ‘cultural appropriation’ here, it’s a buzz word >.<

I’m cool, by the way. tbh I wish they’d released the red tied up shirt. If I’ve any actual complaint it’s not cultural nonsense it’s that they already have a red shirt of that design, but they didn’t release the tied one

2 Likes