Discussion: New Guidelines And Rules

Hey y’all!
This is all about the new rules/guidelines. What do you think about it?
I think that it’s BS. Honestly I don’t think there’s a point if I stay and write, this has actually torn my story making dreams in half.

2 Likes

I don’t want to be a drag but we have 4 other threads on this and it’s has gone bananas with insults and stuff, could we give it a rest. If you want to add to the discussion then search for the threads . There are a lot of angry people on this and a lot of hurt people from being bullied.

3 Likes

If you’re talking about crossovers there’s a thread on it, to discuss: DISCUSSION: crossovers not allowed on episode? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I didn’t know about the crossover guideline until recently, but I don’t have any intentions to do it for my stories, so I’m not really impacted by it.

I think that if authors want to include their friends though, there’s ways to get around it. Change their name, a few of their features, and you’re golden lol. We have a finite amount of selections for our characters, and they would need to prove that it’s a crossover.

I think you’d only have an issue if you’re outwardly promoting it as a crossover and if you’re having reader messages telling the audience as such.

Well, this guideline isn’t new. :woman_shrugging:t4: From what I remember it’s always been there. These stories are out there, but authors are typically told to change it when the review team comes across it somewhere down the line.

If Episode didn’t have guidelines against this, I would agree. But I’ve read stories that didn’t have trigger warnings and they depicted rape scenes that added nothing to the plot and storyline.

Rape is a huge trigger for me (and many other survivors). Warnings help 100% but there are definitely people that aren’t doing this. Furthermore, there are people who write about rape in a manner that’s irresponsible and disrespectful. It’s an event that has the potential to inflict a lot of psychological trauma, and I really don’t think it should be used as a momentary plotline. But that’s another discussion for another topic.

It’s definitely possible to write a story about violent events without making it graphic. Sure, the gory details make it more vivid, but when it comes to Episode, you’re going to have to get a bit more creative.

13 Likes

You don’t have to throw your story in the bin, just don’t be too explicit with rape and the assault details. Not just because of the guidelines but because it can also be triggering to some readers especially those who have experienced such things.
At first I was extremely pissed off with the crossover guidelines as my story is filled with different authors (and I’m gonna keep them in the story) but now that phase is over, I honestly don’t care. I’m just happy things have been stated clearly and now I know what to do for future episodes. All I want now though, is for episode to follow their own guidelines and not be so hypocritical.

5 Likes

Personally, rape/sexual assault/sexual abuse is a big trigger for me and and many other survivors. That was always a rule.

3 Likes

At this point, I’ve stopped complaining about Episode and what they are doing regarding their guidelines.

2 Likes

this has always been a rule & it’s a damn good one. why would you ever need to deeply describe something horrific & awful? it doesn’t say you can’t have it or say it happened.

as for the other guidelines, i don’t agree with them at all. even episode itself has asked for crossover stories & i think they might’ve made a crossover episode.

3 Likes

So these past days there is a lot of drama in the episode community…
So as many may know episode has new guide lines:
Something in like the lines not more then 5 punches in one episode.

A lot of small authors and big ones like bukki have to change their stories and that is a lot of work

My opinion🤔:
I think episode is doing it all wrong like They have these guide lines that They do NOT even follow. Other authors who do not follow there guide lines have to change their stories and episode self doesn’t have to change it like whattu…
I think 5 punches in ONE episode is like not that much because stories that specialize in gang related things or magic or war need more than 5 punches they need like 20 or more so I think episode has to seriously get rid of this guide line

What is your opinion?
I would love to hear it🤔

6 Likes

Actually, Episode posted on their Instagram story that it’s 5-10 punches per scene, not per episode.

3 Likes

Owh whahaha lmao but still that isn’t that much

1 Like

Because some people have like riots and in one scene it can take like 20 punches

I’m not that bothered by it, honestly, the only thing I cared about was the 5 punch rule, which is cleared up now, but it will still be a problem since… I have wars in my story and 5-10 punches isn’t exactly enough. But in the end, it’s really not that serious. Episode just needs to start following their own rules.

5 Likes

The thing about the rule:

Is that it’s context driven.

how detailed?
Well I wouldn’t explained so detailed either way.