DISCUSSION: Nicknames

Today I decided to make a discussion post that wasn’t entirely episode related and talk about nicknames, pseudonyms, author names, forum names, etc.

Some questions for discussion.

1. What’s your favorite nickname?
  2. What’s your forum nickname/name and why?
  3. A nickname someone else gave you?
  4. Any nicknames/ group names you have with friends here? Care to explain?
  5. What’s your author name and why?
  6. Do you or have you ever used a pseudonym? If so, why?

Note: Feel free to be as detailed or not. I know some people might not feel comfortable going into extreme detail and that’s okay. :blush:

6 Likes

One of my friends calls me John :joy:
Neither of us even remember the origins of the nickname, but I think that’s what makes it even funnier.

2 Likes

Alright

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

That’s so sweet. :heart:

Sorry. It quoted it weird :grimacing::woozy_face:

1 Like

It was sweet at first. Now she nags me on it because she was thinking about making a forums account :joy:

1 Like

My family calls me Button! :joy:
There is one person that calls me Mason. (It’s a bit weird)
My friend calls me Bella Bumbina.

2 Likes

:smiling_face:

1 Like

And here I thought your real name was Lexisode.

:joy::joy::smirk:

Me and a friend call each other Daria, neither of our names are Daria, we’re just dry sarcastic people and we both have bangs so we’ve both been compared to Daria

I call my oldest nephew Sunny or Sunny Bunny, or just Bunny, and he calls me Tia Tortilla because it rhymes and he thinks its funny

My middle name is Julieta. My mom calls me Jules, meanwhile, my sister calls me JUUL.

3 Likes
  1. What’s your favorite nickname?
    Hmm, most of my friends don’t have a nickname for me, since my name is short. My mum, for example, called me Julchen when I was younger. A close friend of mine has a nickname for me too but I don’t want to share it here because it’s a combination of my surname. :sweat_smile: :joy:
    Btw, my real name is Julia. :slight_smile:

I hate it when someone calls me Jule, Juli or just Jul. :sweat_smile:

1. What’s your forum nickname/name and why?
    My forum nickname is Rose, I guess. That’s what most people call me if they don’t know my real name. :grin: :sweat_smile:

2. A nickname someone else gave you?
    Already answered in question one. :smiley:

3. Any nicknames/ group names you have with friends here? Care to explain?
    /

4. What’s your author name and why?
    My author name is Rosenspitze here on Episode. It’s made up of two German words: Rosen (which means Roses) and Spitze (it’s hard to explain because in German, it depends on the context since Spitze has different meanings. :sweat_smile: For example, Spitze can mean lace or the highest point of something (e.g. of a mountain or of a sharp/pointed object). You can also use the word spitze as an adjective. For example, “Das ist spitze!” which means “This is awesome/great/marvellous!”. :slight_smile: So, you see, it depends on the context. :smiley:

5. Do you or have you ever used a pseudonym? If so, why?
    Rosenspitze is my pseudonym because I don’t feel comfortable sharing personal stuff on the internet and I use this pseudonym since 12 years. When I was 13, I randomly came up with this pseudonym and since then, I use it everywhere. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Julieta is such a nice name. My middle name is Grace.

2 Likes

That’s so cool that it’s lasted you so long!

1 Like

Julieta is such a pretty name. Unique too!

I only have one nickname my friend used to give me (no longer my friend). I have no idea where the nickname came from :thinking: Sometimes my parents call me inkku.

Author name is inkke, it’s the nickname from my old friend. I just use it since I suck at making up some random usernames or anything like that.

1 Like

Done.

1 Like

Simplicity. I like it. :relieved:

2 Likes

That’s such a pretty and unique name too! I can completely understand why you like it so much.

1 Like

Dani. (@AMagic first gave me this nickname, so thanks @AMagic :heart:)

Danielle is the name, Dani as the nickname because I don’t like using my first name online and I like the sound of Danielle and Dani.

My friend gave me Nutella, though she doesn’t use it much.

Danielle because that’s what I like to go with.

Nope.

2 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes