DISCUSSION: Not a Part of "THAT" Clique

I can not shake this unwanted feeling about being ignored by some people within this community. It’s mind blowing that I cannot simply contact an author so we can talk about each others’ stories. What is that? I don’t like it. But, I’ve noticed something within these past few months; if you are not a part of “that” clique, you’re ignored. I am saying this to be mean, but it’s the true. Has anybody else noticed this?

10 Likes

I understand. Alot of bug authors don’t talk to their fans just the same way artists who are more popular tend to forget about their supporters.

4 Likes

I don’t really like that. I do understand that a lot of big authors and big artists have many followers and people who love what they do. but I don’t think it’s okay for them to ignore or forget about them. Not all of them do that, but I do know some that do. I’ve DMed many popular authors, and some of them never even read my DM. I was sad about it because I’m an author as well as them, authors can learn and be inspired by each other.

5 Likes

Yeah some of my friends on Instagram made edits for a popular author and she never noticed their stuff and they go through that alot.

1 Like

I’ve witnessed situations where that happened.

2 Likes

we cant tell others how to be. we can only not be like that

2 Likes

I will say that one time I completely missed screenshots that someone had tagged me in (and I don’t even get that many notifications lol). The person later DM’d me asking if they’d offended me or if I wanted the screenshots removed :see_no_evil:. I felt so bad :sweat_smile:

So I don’t think it’s always intentional.

11 Likes

Yeah it’s not intentional at all :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is true. Sometimes I do wish that I could get a popular author’s attention about my story and wanting them to check it out. It has always been a dream of mine to have at least one popular author support me and my story … I guess that dream has disappeared now.

2 Likes

I’ve never encountered this since all of my dms have been well received on the authors part but I think that it’s horrible that authors and Artists would treat their fans that way.

1 Like

yeah it would be cool. but it would also be hard. the populare get hundrers messages a day so its hard to be populare. i dont if you what gosupermodel is. but i was very populare on there and often log in to 50 new messages or more. i barely had time to reply to any. (usally just people asking me if i could give them a gift)

you could always write to some of the rewiew forums. or on instagram. they are happy to read stories and give feedback

3 Likes

out of context but do we get message or something when fanmail get an answar because i dont think i ever read an answaer of any of my own

1 Like

What is go super model?

1 Like

I obviously don’t know what you’re messaging these authors, but I have to admit that if someone DM’s me out of nowhere (as in, someone who has never spoken to me before) and asks me to read their story, 9 times out of 10 I’ll ignore it.

10 Likes

I’ve never asked those authors to read my story. I would not do that. If they happen to ask me about my story if they are interested about it, it’s their free will to read it. I normally message those authors about their stories and how much they inspire me.

2 Likes

When you find kind souls in the community who got your back, it doesn’t matter if a clique or some popular authors or even a fly flies past you, ignoring you because you got people who are with you, there for you :heart:

So I actually keep a log of people and my experiences so I know which ones were there for me, nice to me, and I promise to myself I will give them something really special for the future :wink:

And I’ve dealt with cliques-tbh, most of the stuff they talk about was boring and in regards to Episode, I’ve had a lot of not so good experiences, but my positive experiences outshine them because nothing can bring me down :rose:

I’d say if people don’t want to give you the time, don’t try to make time for them, just surround yourself with people who are humble :smile:

5 Likes

I really didn’t realize who said this until now haha… Thanks for that encouragement and advice Jem! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe the best solution is not to direct any attention to the people who are ignoring you? They’re just people at the end of the day and if they can’t treat you with common decency, is it worth spending time on? :woman_shrugging:

I can’t speak for those authors but I would imagine that if they don’t reply or even acknowledge a message like that, there’s probably a good chance they didn’t even see it? I know some of these authors have so many DMs in their main inbox and “other” folder that they struggle to get through them all.

6 Likes

Are you talking about the really successful authors? (1 million plus reads) or …?

1 Like