What has been your favorite so far?
I wouldn’t say I’ve had a favourite, but I think the Asian/Pacific Islander shelf was the one I read the most out of… Although I don’t think they did the best job at representation with that one
What are some future month - shelves you would like to see?
I just googled to see if there were actually any months that were dedicated to anything.
- March is National Women’s History month, so that could be really empowering provided the right stories are chosen.
- According to the reliable source of wikipedia, Feb is Gang Prevention Month, but that would be so hard to find stories for LOL.
- Apparently March is also disabilities awareness month - I think I’d like that shelf.
- November is Movember, so maybe a Male MC shelf but all the MC’s must have facial hair (I guess there would be no limelight stories then hahaha)
Can you name at least three stories to be on that shelf?
Let’s go with the disabilities awareness month…
- From Zero to Hero - MC is in wheelchair
- See the real me - Love interest is blind
- …? I’m sure there are others out there, I just haven’t read them.
Are month shelves too long? (Maybe like Bi-Monthly Shelf?)
As long as they have a decent amount of stories, I don’t think it’s too long. I think for a shelf with 6 stories a month is pushing it. But Pride had a fair amount for a month. I do like to see the new shelf themes change over though, so it’s good that there’s the second shelf to swap around with.
Should their be a ‘daily pick’ shelf?
Not if it’s going to be 6 stories. But maybe just showcasing three random stories for a day could work? Tbh I’d prefer they do something like this with editor picks, because the editor pick shelves don’t really have a theme and I actually look forward to the themes