DISCUSSION: Overweight Main Characters

This topic seemed interesting to me. If you know any stories with this drop the title below. Discuss away!

5 Likes

It’s pretty impossible to make a curvy/overweight character;-;

4 Likes

I wish I could make different and more realistic body types on story’s but I think I understand giving the opportunity to make a character fat it’s an open window to write negative things about people who are overweight.

But I do think it would be cool to make characters be different and not everyone being perfectly slim.

4 Likes

That’s what I ment :smiley:

1 Like

And no, I don’t know any stories like that :frowning:

1 Like

I don’t know episode ones. but

2 Likes

I can only think of one story where the MC was even briefly overweight, it was Bad Boy’s Girl by Episode, but it was only mentioned briefly, like “Yeah, Cole’s dumb prank injured me so I gained weight but I got back in shape but the Mean Girl™ won’t let it go”

I’m never in favour of denying people something just because a few morons will misuse it. We already have all sorts of assets, from diversity-related like race, religion, and gender identity, to items related to bad habits like cigarettes and alcohol. Any of those could be misused in various ways, as could overweight character traits. And it’s business as usual to report the bad ones and read the good ones.

So I figure Episode should give us different body type assets if they could. Problem is, they probably can’t, none of the current art styles allow it. And it’s hard to write a story showing a Barbie doll-looking MC and say “Okay, so pretend she has a BMI of 30, just pretend.” :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

One of my favorite stories on Episode is “Your Secret Admirer” by EpisodeCray, according to her the MC is overweight but, Episode doesn’t have multiple body types released to the public so the MC does appear to be relatively skinny. But, regardless I don’t mind having an overweight MC, I think it’s pretty cool actually.

3 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since Community is for discussion of specific stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

I wish we could have different bodies in episode, not all just skinny and fit ones. :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

I used the pregnancy bump on my MC mother as she is overweight…

2 Likes

That’s actually a really good idea tho :joy:

1 Like

Theres no other body shapes unfortunately :persevere:

2 Likes

You can also make your characters wear really baggy clothes but it’s not the same thing

3 Likes

yeah, most of the more baggy clothes are suuuper bland too ;/

2 Likes

Well I have kind of mixed feelings about the topic, like personally I have characters I write with who were intended to be overweight, but it doesn’t affect the plot of the story at all, nor do I ever mention it. However for visual accuracy I’d love to have more body types in the portal. Ya know, I want my characters to look like how I imagine them

I mean yeah people will misuse it, but people will misuses everything episode puts out

1 Like