DISCUSSION: Pet Peeves

I don’t think I have any pet peeves that aren’t already on this thread, so I’ll just quote y’all haha.

My mantra. If you have a phone/computer and an internet connection, there’s no excuse not to know basic facts within 20 seconds of thinking about them. Unless it’s an extremely nuanced discussion, and the source in question is a scientific research paper or something.

All of the above. :clap:

The noise of someone chewing/sucking is almost physically painful to me, I dig my nails into my arm or pinch myself to keep from losing it. :sob:

^ Exactly. Take responsibility.

^ :clap: A lazy cover for when you can’t be bothered to word something in a way that isn’t offensive (or keep it to yourself).

Also this. My dad took up smoking, and I dunno what kind of unfiltered, double-strength, compact-garbage cigars they are, but he comes in the house and absolutely reeks, needs an exclusion zone not only while smoking but for fifteen minutes afterward. :mask: Like… is that toxic cloud even tobacco…? I’m Canadian so who’s to know… :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I hate that, I only tolerate it with my uncles.

3 Likes

when someone just stands or sits with their mouth wide open. like close your mouth you are not a codfish

4 Likes

Part 2 of my Pet Peeves:

1.) When you defend or justify yourself in front of your parents, you are being “disrepectful”. (I’m not being disrepectful. I only want them to understand my side.)

2.) People who treat waiters/waitresses like crap. Sorry to say this but, customer is NOT always right (Who dfq even came up with the “Customer is always right” quote?).

3.) When people assume that I’m dating every single guy I’m hanging out with. Just because I’m hanging out with someone from the opposite sex doesn’t mean I’m dating them.

4.) Victim-blaming. No need to explain this.

5.) Shaming people who are “less smarter” . Just because you’re smart doesn’t mean you have the right to mock others for being “less smarter” than you.

6 Likes

I am sick of hearing this “Respect your elders” nonsense. Just because you’re older than me, doesn’t give you the right to treat me like dirt. I totally agree with this pet peeve as this is my #1 pet peeve!! Even worse is when you try to tell your side, they instantly dismiss you. My mum is too scared of me now since I instantly tell her that she is wrong for defending those who have hurt me.

Exactly. You’re biting the hand that feeds you if you treat waiters/waitresses like trash! That quote is absolutely stupid! If you act like a bitch, expect to be treated like a bitch.

SMH why don’t people get off our backs and stop assuming that we’re dating that guy. People always seem to make a huge deal out of people of the opposite sex hanging around :woman_facepalming:

The arrogance is too strong in this one. I swear these so called “smarty pants” need to stop putting other people down just because they’re not genius. Nobody’s perfect!

4 Likes

Yes, exactly! I think you explained it way better than I did.

*I noticed that I have a typo in the “customer is always right” part. It should’ve been “Who dfq even came up with the “Customer is always right” quote?”

3 Likes

I didn’t see the typo in that comment. But yeah, customers are always a pain in the butt at times! Especially when most of them love to cause a freaking scene in any shop you go to.

3 Likes

I know right. They always make things a big deal.

3 Likes

SMH people can be so dramatic

3 Likes

But about the “respect your elders” part, I seriously hate this nonsense with a passion because I only respect those who respect me back. Simple!

3 Likes

I agree! Respect is not something you can give right away. You should earn for it.

3 Likes

Exactly.

I swear if I hear one more idiot telling me that I should respect my elders, they will instantly get kicked between the legs! There are old people that can be criminals so not all pensioners are sweet, innocent creatures! Honestly, I have relatives that are older than me and they are toxic! I instantly give them the taste of their own medicine since they always give me this “Respect your elders” rubbish.

Treat me like dirt, I’ll treat you like dirt. Simple!

5 Likes

You know what I hate? Like a lot? When people post other people’s artwork but don’t give credit. Stop taking things off of their pages and posting it without mentioning them. That such a shitty thing to do!

And also who say bless you every time you sneeze even when you sneeze like five times in a row. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I say bless you every time you sneeze…

1 Like

Why? isnt saying it once enough? :joy:

2 Likes

“Respect your elders”
“Respect people with Dyslexia or Autism”

No. Just no. I will treat everyone the same. I will only respect someone if they respect me.
I don’t care if you’re older, have an illness or whatever. Yes, I may seem cruel, but I’ve been through enough shit in my life, to care less about how I treat people.

If you’re rude to me, I will be rude back, no matter who you are or what you are.

It’s how I work.

7 Likes

Exactly!!

Aren’t we all tired of being a pushover? I guess so.

6 Likes

When my dog leaves her balls um yeah on the carpet lol I always move them they look so annoying on the capers lol

4 Likes

Mmmmmmmmmmmm I know. I understand why my name is hard to pronounce correctly, but don’t just jump the gun and embarrass me take your time and try to be respectful.

2 Likes

I…I dont know…

1 Like