DISCUSSION: Pros and Cons of Reviewing Stories

I don’t do reviews anymore but when I did I definitely noticed there was some under appreciation for reviewers and some people only want reads, not a review. Reviewers are the subject of hate sometimes. This one girl started being extremely rude to me after I reviewed her story. In fact even my friends noticed she was hostile. And on my givers club this other girl got really mad we didn’t re-review her story.

On our IG group account our reviewer reviewed this person’s story and they basically pm’d us asking us to remove the review because they said they wanted to hear only positive things even though we clearly state our aim is to give honest feedback. They removed the tag from the post, unfollowed us and persisted in asking us to remove their review because they felt their story would look bad. Actually, I have noticed a bunch of authors who ask for reviews break the rules of IG episode groups.

One of the other problems is when they update and chapter is too long:

Aside from the cons, pros are you get to help people which is a great feeling and discover new stories. It’s hardwork sometimes but you did good.

Honesty or sugarcoating- depends. If you’re looking for honest feedback don’t be upset if you do get it. It’s meant to help you improve as an a author. Sugarcoating is good for those who get hurt by criticism. Both should motivate and inspire you :heart:

3 Likes