Discussion: Rule Breaker/Off Limits, part two

So … just today my app updated. Along with the new Recently Released shelf which has all current Featured stories being updated, this one popped up, which has reseted my previous progress in the story. There are even Two new chapters

I’m not sure I’m gonna take the trouble of reading the whole thing again, considering … that one particular line and the entire premise lol. But yeah, this is continuing on from @Cee ‘s original discussion thread, so feel free whether you read this story before or it’s your first time.

Thank you everyone who has picked up on this so far :heart_eyes:

EDIT: IDK, but maybe we can also expand this topic to talk about feature ‘revamps’, and how they change or edit arbitrary things

1 Like

Omg imagine how many people are going to be so annoyed at having their progress reset and being told there are 2 new chapters :rofl:
I wonder if they changed anything.

2 Likes

Well, I was, especially since I was pretty much sure that Rule Breaker ended fine on chapter 13 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Since I’ve read it and have unlimited passes, I’ll re-read it for ya and see if it’s been changed. (I’m not holding my breath, though. They probably just added the new chapters and figured people will be enticed to re-read it and spend money. )

1 Like

:sob: aw thank you kindly. I just hope at least that the conservation in chapter 7 (the one I mentioned in the linked thread) is changed, but overall ‘how it is’ is fine

1 Like

Lol I haven’t looked at the linked thread or read the story in awhile so what conversation are you talking about?

1 Like

Oh yeah :sweat_smile: so it’s this one where Ryan (friend of MC’s ex) wakes up in her apartment, and he is recounting how he got drunk and mugged. He said along the lines that there were strippers in the party he was in and they were trying to ‘m*lest’ him, maybe like a synonym for ‘hands all over me’ or something like that :woman_shrugging:t2:. Either way, Easton/Isa then replied, ‘you must be an alien to not like that’, which earlier they joked about Ryan being so BS crazy before they and MC found him. Just … a little tasteless, especially with the m-word

1 Like

Oh. I remember that part! I think it was tasteless and probably a little triggering to people who have been molested.

2 Likes

Yeah, maybe it got changed better maybe it got changed for the worst… I just hope it got changed, so thanks again

I think at some point after I talked about it back then, the author or Episode changed that chapter slightly (I don’t remember entirely), but now Ryan is the pervert in that situation, touching up on the ladies. Because yes, that was the problem :woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ll read it again, since I doubt it’ll give me new gems. But judging by the first episode, they did add the option to play as a guy. Also, they added this, one of my new favorite hairstyles.

4 Likes

I think all stories that involve an adult and a teen is a little pervy, to be honest. I get that it gets the reads and “oh it’s a taboo” idealism, but really. It’s an adult dating a teenager. In the real world, that’s a jail sentence.

I hope they changed it for the better… As I said, I won’t hold my breath. LOL

3 Likes

Well, having a male MC is a change, I suppose. LOL I need that hair! It’d be perfect for one of my stories!

2 Likes

For real, so now it’s an equal opportunity thing? … God, why it must tempt me so :woman_facepalming:t2: But I doubt how 2 extra chapters justify it, does this mean they are going to do the whole story now, did they change the ending?

… trust me, I was and still Glad that it used to have ended at 13 chapters, the original story is a mess

1 Like

:rofl: I’m going to go through it for us all. puts on brave face :rofl:

1 Like

That hairstyle is really cute :heart_eyes:

It looks like my hair in 6th grade before it got curly. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Male MC:

Incidentally, his hair looks like mine after it got curly and I first started trying to iron it. :laughing:

I’m curious about the male MC option and what happens with all the “Little one” and “baby girl” nicknames.

6 Likes

I shall play through as a guy! lol That’s what my hair looked like when I cut it all off and it started growing back out (thank you, genetics, for thick curly hair). lol

3 Likes

Interesting. Russ was replaced with Ruby. Not sure if that’s because I chose a male MC or a female LI.

3 Likes

Yeah I wonder that too. I know Male MC would have the same personality as Female MC, but I weirdly feel uneasy since Sandra’s guy characters are … eh

Edit: lol on Ruby

If it was like the original Featured (might going to say that for a while lol), MC regardless of LI gender would have an ex-boyfriend Russ, so it’s more or less … similar.

Weirdly, I would have expected at least Candy being a dude too :pensive: