DISCUSSION: Rule Breaker (previously "Off Limits")

It’s fine.

It’s not everyone’s cuppa tea

2 Likes

Thought about writing something to recap and react to Ep 6. I kinda have some insight, playing both gender and language censor branches, as well as ALL of the episodes of Off Limits so far. And for brevity’s sake: each gem choice is around 40 gems, and I’m saving for Blood Lust lol.

Dance You Off *gets ESC 2018 vibes*

MC is preparing to go to a club (bar in the original) with Iz (Isa or Easton) and their pals. Although the story acknowledges the MC is underage (under 21), Iz knows the owner Valentine who would ‘babysit’ her. But before then, at home it took MC almost an hour to do her makeup, so Iz threatened (in a lack of a better term) to stay in her room until she changes, that is before MC stood her ground by calling them out on checking her out in the beach last episode. In the original, to me the scene was worse, Easton very controlling on how much time MC gets to change and even body-shamed her. At least Iz offered to close their eyes?
(In fact, I realized how much dialogue is changed from the original, though I’m not sure whether it’s Episode’s or Sandra’s doing. Either way, Rule Breaker is a bit less problematic.)
Anyways, Valentine was a flirt towards MC, which Iz defends her from. Along with Oliver (dude who made out with MC’s mom) and a white guy named Mustafa make up Iz’s friends, who point out the appearance of one Kim, the best friend who hooked up with their ex. Thus they are pissed, and wants to stress-drink 10 tequila shots. Thank the lord they didn’t drive. There they find out MC is missing (who knew a bar/club owner would be too busy?!? :expressionless:) and instead dancing her butt off on the stage (sobriety ambiguous). There is a choice to dance a certain way to entice Iz, so your choice. It just so happens that there is a dance contest happening, so this guy named Mason was asking MC to join. Iz pushed the dude off by claiming to be MC’s B/GF.
(BTW, this was a better scene about pretending to be as such, to avoid trouble, legal or otherwise.)
I really wonder if clubs actually have dance-offs. The prizes are to get $1000 and free drinks all night as well as go to a VIP lounge (in this version). MC is ecstatic to dance but Iz wasn’t having it. They later changed their minds when Kim (named Ethan in the original) also planned to join with Tina. After a weird lead-on question to dance (something involving panties), the two danced their butts off. IDK, but it’s a bit off on stock dance animations used in dance contest setting. 💁 maybe it’s just me. But the winning move is going to be the Dirty Dancing Lift, which surprisingly wasn’t a gem choice.
Later on, MC meets with Iz’s friends, and for some reason there wasn’t an option to tell them that Iz is looking after her - just Friends, Enemies, or nothing! Kinda a bit more questionable is that Iz bought MC a drink too, but luckily it is a choice to take it or not. They also happen to win the contest, which I doubt would have happened if MC’s real age is disclosed. But not choosing to go to the VIP lounge results in the two wasting the free drinks.
MC later on says she would use the prize money to afford a school trip, and she didn’t want to ask her dad for the money, for some reason… and Iz wanted to give MC all of theirs too, coming from a CEO of all people. But more importantly, the guy Candice liked, Ryan, somehow ends up getting mugged in the same street as them. Spoilers: MC and Iz take him to their house, instead of calling the police or the ambulance, for crying out loud. And Ryan may be a love interest in some point.

The only off-comment I want to make in this is why does’s Sandra’s men always have ugly colored eyebrows. :see_no_evil:

2 Likes
Questionable thing being questionable in Chapter 7

And I doubt the story was implying the second definition.

But the real reaction

So after MC and Iz not sending Ryan to the hospital for some reason , that scene happened (premised by the fact Russ somehow managed to hire strippers) and Ryan wanted to thank MC by offering to buy MC a dress (gem choice). After this, Iz is adamant Ryan has a crush on MC, despite Ryan dating Candy. This brings forth the eponymous Bet, whoever proves Ryan’s (lack of a) crush can make the loser do whatever they ask for 12 hours (and Spoilers: that did not last long, but I’m getting ahead of myself).

Iz then goes out with Ava, while MC with Candy. Candy eloquently describes the beach chapter as when Iz ‘roasted the shit out of Melissa’ (read: maybe unnecessarily pranked and humiliated her to that degree). Meanwhile, Iz spots Ryan with his (blurry pixelated) Friend Kevin while on their date, and actually got out of the date just to get video evidence of Ryan’s feelings. I mean, talk about desperate :unamused:.
Anyways, Ryan says himself that he just don’t have feelings for Candy after two dates, saying she is plainly not his type (and he is being way more honest with his feelings than with how Iz is shown :rofl::clap:). Kinda still a bit scummy at this stage though. But what actually matters here is that, no joke, Iz cut off their date and ran straight to MC to win the bet. There MC fed them a trash burger (literally) and does a Thai back massage. And cliffhanger: Dad is back :scream::laughing::laughing::scream:

Just imagine if Ava saw Iz spying on the guys and she misconstrued it. :woman_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

Hi. I’ve seen you talk a lot of bad things about my stories on the forum, and not just this thread. Why do you continue to read them if you dislike my writing so much? Just curious… :slight_smile:

Of all the words… They had to go with molest? :unamused: and then continue the conversation like it’s nothing???

8 Likes

Mentioning topics off the bat like that seems to be a common pattern surrounding a few Episode featured stories :face_with_monocle:

6 Likes

Right? I just don’t understand why. What’s the point of this one liner? Especially when they don’t even address the issue. I-

6 Likes

Honestly? At this point, it’s probably just to add some sort of “quirkiness” to the story. Not the best way to go about it but…

6 Likes

This definitely wasn’t it. Episode needs to reevaluate themselves…

6 Likes

Link please

I admit, I talk a lot about your stories, one of a couple people here in fact. But I also admit I don’t dislike your stories so much, I enjoy them my own way, even though they sometimes have some things I don’t agree with. It is the point of a discussion thread to talk about these things, and I just so happen to read your stories for context.

9 Likes

Thank you for your answer, I’m glad you could enjoy them. I don’t mind that people discuss my stories on the forum, they are public for a reason. And I do appreciate criticism and I take them into consideration as long as it’s clean and nice, which isn’t always the case.

1 Like

What does anyone think about the floral gown, the one with the sheer top?

3 Likes

If they had nipples Episode would be in a HEAP of trouble lmao!

5 Likes

IKR? But it’s still pretty cute, probably misplaced nips and all :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

It’s definitely cute. I like all the colors, though I’m not sure if that would be my first choice of which colors to pair together. Guess we can add this to the list of dresses we’ll never see!

4 Likes

Oh yeah, it’s no doubt cute. I feel the flowers and leaves could have used more detail though.

1 Like

I thought the same! It could use a few different shades of flowers, even if that’s just different shades of white/ivory.

1 Like

Definitely! I was also thinking they could have added more shading and line work to the flowers and leaves. It looks like an 8 year old cut the shapes outta construction paper and glued them on tbh lol!

I hope this dress is in different colors and I sincerely hope I can add a bra or something underneath without it glitching out because I can’t stop thinking about misplaced nips now.

That is if they give it to us.

2 Likes

Maybe we’ll get it in a different color? The belted purple lace dress has a gem-locked blue version. That gives me hope.

2 Likes