Discussion: sexual content evrywhere

Oh ok. :gift_heart:

Sksksksk can confirm it’s 16

3 Likes

Same. I instantly get put off if the story is going to be based on sex all the time.

1 Like

I couldn’t have said this better, myself.

to be completely honest, unless i’m in my room alone i can’t read romance stories at all. they all lead up to one thing, and it would be my luck for one of my family members to walk by and see it. my brother (9) see’s ads about episode and talks about it being inappropriate. though he’s only 9 he knows everything there is to know because he learned it from school. i guess if the covers and stories in general are breaking rules they should change them… or instead they could make the authors revamp their stories where it’s less inappropriate for the younger kids who read like the 13 year olds. you could only imagine how many stories would be removed if that’s what it came to.

3 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since Community is for discussion of specific stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

It won’t be far for the author. He/she worked really hard on it and simply episode has sexually ads all over. not that simple…

1 Like

I was overexaggerating but thanks, I know.

1 Like

There are certain things that shouldn’t be allowed, but most of the things I see episode approving are not any different from the 13+ young adult books I’ve read from the library or book store, so I dont really see a problem.

All of my stories have been reviewed and they made me take out the stuff that was over the line, and its always made sense to me.

5 Likes

Im tired of the sexual content and im not even a teen. Every plot is sex based and the relationships are sexual too(they never even know anything about each other or like anything other than physical)
Even the story covers are hypersexual

3 Likes

We all gotta blame those probably 11 year old kids, being like:

SeX sEx SeX

:roll_eyes:

Honestly, though, I do feel very uncomfortable when content like this is thrown literally everywhere, ESPECIALLY when the author even describes what’s going on. Sex shouldn’t be thrown around; in my opinion, it should be used only if the character has a true relationship to their partner, and not just because they’re hot or something. :joy:

And I feel like it’s sometimes used to purely gain more reads, since most people tend to like this sort of content. (But that’s just my opinion. :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

I prefer young people read sexually explicit stories over violent and abusive behavior stories.

2 Likes

It make sense though to change the rules if they are not followed, not even by the team. Up the rating just a little where the amount of sensual activity on the app is acceptable enough. 13+ is too low for the content on the app. If none of us, not even the company itself comply, may as well join it. Or find a middle option. People have suggested a mature section for older audiences. Based on birthday checks or some type of protection, the company can prevent younger view from elicit imagery or what have you. It will take time, money, and a good amount of wait but the many times other companies have been able to do so, Episode will be as well with patience.

1 Like

I personally have no issue with it, although it being a 13+ app, I appreciate that it should be kept toned down enough to not be graphically inappropriate. But in general, in my opinion I don’t see much harm from some flirtatious comments between animated characters in a story and kind of sexy styled covers/art scenes.

2 Likes

TBH, my thoughts exactly. If the characters have a beautiful relationship, that is fine. But an abusive one to young audiences?! No! Toxic relationship? Hecks no! ETC! HECKs to the NAH NAH NAaaH

1 Like

The problem is that stories like these are read by the most. I don‘t have a problem with romance in stories, but it shouldn‘t be the only point of the plotline to sleep with that surprise hot bad boy(I mean for real, if you already plan to make a bad boy then please at least give him some character development or something, not just plain dumb love interest that does nothing than flirting with your Mc in a very sexual way). I think that Episode is aware of this, but why should they eliminate those stories that might bring them the most benefits? But overall I totally agree with your point. Sexuality in stories should not be the main focus and not shown in detail to younger viewers.

1 Like

I think it should be completely up to the author if they want to focus on that as long as it meets the guidelines. :man_shrugging: it seems a lot of people like it. Haha.
I try to write what I’d personally want to read.

2 Likes

Well I just can‘t imagine how it meets the guidelines if someone wants to write a story just about sexual things. But apparently Episode does not care.

I’ve never read one that is JUST about that. Are there some popular ones like that have too much detail?
If they’re popular, I’m sure episode would have noticed. If they arent, maybe episode hasnt seen them yet. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

But what are you suggesting to change them to? Because right now… It is SOOOOOOOOO easy to include sex without going too far. The guidelines are not as strict as people seem to think they are and it’s very easy to have sex scenes that won’t get you reported and/or won’t upset so many of us. Upping the rating is going to cause too much drama and is also going to be too hard to monitor anyway.

4 Likes