Discussion: Sick of People Flagging Others For Nothing

I have noticed that some people here are using flags against others for nothing. For instance, I saw that on some discussion threads that people created to discuss about things (whether it is episode-related or just a general chat), people talk and everything is good at first, but sometimes it turns into arguments, because of disagreements (or any other reasons). When people here disagree with others’ opinions, some people make arguments over nothing - just because a person diagrees with them? And then they start flagging others’ posts as off-topic (or something else, I do not know), and bring to the thread’s closing. But, it is not happening only when people argue, but it also happens when somebody criticises what they do - it happened to me that some people here reported my post as off-topic on a thread. Why? Just because I told them that they use flags against each other about nothing and to stop doing this? It is so childish and ridiculous, if you ask me :roll_eyes::roll_eyes: (it happened after the thread where I posted my criticism about this issue re-opened - it was closed due of others’ using flaggs too much, but what happened to me is not the main thing).
It is annoying me that some people here use flags personally against others :anger::anger:. In addition, what even saddens and frustrates me more is the fact that one of Episode team who is responsible to hide the flagged posts doesn’t seem to check them before hiding them.
I am not generalizing. I just say that some users do this and I personally find it annoying. All I want to say is - stop using flags against others just because they don’t think like you. It does not respect in any way - not the person nor his/her opinion.
I am just sick of people reporting others for nothing! So, I want to tell them - please stop reporting others for nothing!

What do you think of it? Do you agree with it or not? (If you disagree, then it is okay, but be respectful.)
If you have experienced this thing, then share it with me :slightly_smiling_face:

Note: This is not a thread to start any arguments - this is a thread to discuss about how we feel about this issue. Respect others’ opinions, even if you disagree with it. I am not coming after anyone - I am just stating my opinion, and I have no intention of spreading hatred or insulting anyone. And please do not use strong language. If you have any problems, please send me a PM.
Thank you :grinning::slightly_smiling_face:

20 Likes

It’s really irritating. Think before you flag.

6 Likes

Tell them…

4 Likes

Omg I hate when they flag for no reason. Like for me there was this one post where someone wanted to know how to make text overlay or how to get them I don’t know but something with text overlays and I directed them to my thread I made about me making text overlays in different fonts and colors and that it got flagged I’m like what the fudge… I got the message it said it was for OFF TOPIC…off topic can you believe that I’m like how how how

7 Likes

Omg here its is

4 Likes

@MystikLunaa, please do not use any swear word.

2 Likes

Is that better for you honey…I fixed it :roll_eyes:

Hey, do not take it to heart :sweat_smile:. You can express your opinion, but do it respectfully without using strong language :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

:joy: trust me nothing was taken to heart :joy: I’m just the type of person who uses “strong language” majority of the time and I was just asking if it was ok the way I fixed it :joy:

1 Like

I know, I know. Everything is good :joy::joy:.
Thank you for respecting. :slightly_smiling_face::blush:

1 Like

:joy: ”no hard feelings” would imply I had feelings in the first place BUT I didn’t so no feelings at all girly :rofl: it’s just how I am and sometimes I need people to tell me not to cuss so thanks I guess…but on a serious note they really need to find some sort of way to search up if the Flagged post is really “meant to be “ flagged instead of just “automatically” flagging it

1 Like

Fucks sake Luna you swore, I think I gotta flag you now

4 Likes

Please do not use strong language.

It’s so annoying and then it sometimes ends up getting the thread closed

1 Like

Tell me about it :unamused:. It has happened recently

1 Like

Same here, I agree :raised_hands: . It is morally wrong. Its like being a two-faced, backstabbing and cliche mean girl towards the other person.

I once said in a RP that the RPers shouldn’t divulge that much into the sexual details when participating in the RP. I mean, that they should only restrict to the clothes off stuff and then skip those… details.
I know, I disagreed to the idea of sex inclusion into the RP because I figured some people like me would find it uncomfortable or maybe triggering to read that stuff.
Yet when I placed my views on it, there was this one user (name I shall not add here) who felt that I was wrong and started flagging all my posts after that. And, it was surprisingly saddening to note that others also started ganging up on me and flagging my posts one after other (even if the posts didn’t break the guidelines!) Since then, I have stopped taking part in RPs with the unwanted trauma it caused me…
Like, okay… disagreements do lead to arguments, but they can be solved through rational thinking, not through childishness! I really don’t understand these people sometimes…

2 Likes

This really needed to be said. There was a person on asking a question about the contests ON A THREAD ABOUT THE CONTESTS and they still got flagged. Trying to clear things up for them, I replied, and I got flagged too!! Apparently our posts ABOUT THE CONTESTS ON A THREAD ABOUT THE CONTESTS were too “off topic.”

4 Likes

Wait you’ve stopped RPing?? I loved having you in RPs that I was in! I’m so sorry, I can’t belive that someone would do that!

Being Ace, I complete agree with your opinon on this. If you’d like, I can bring the topic up again (without mentioning you, of course) and see what people think now.

2 Likes

Oml, I was about to leave the forums because of this situation. Giving the option to flag should be more closely looked at instead of letting people flag other users randomly.

One time I edited a whole post cuz it was really long and laggy and you know that stuff. Welp, I edited all of the text and all that was left was me saying “edited”. As in, I edited the post. I was flagged for being inappropriate.

Another time I was flagged for being off topic when I said “yes girl”.

3 Likes

When did the flagging option come out??

1 Like