DISCUSSION: Social Topics

But it’s extremely rare. The question was if companies should have a 50% split between men and women, however they aren’t going to find that many women who produce sperm to have an even split between the two genders.

Most people won’t hire them unless they are transgender but you do have a point, however most people will just hire us as maids.

1 Like

I’m not sure I understand what you mean by that, but I agree that society still has a long way to go. :expressionless:

2 Likes

Sorry? O_o

2 Likes

SOME people just judge if you’re good for a job by looking at you not anything else

1 Like

Some women can have a triple chromosome, which means that they have some features of a man like producing sperm and natural releases of testosterone.

It’s a rare phenomenon.

1 Like

Trans women who have opted not to undergo surgery.

1 Like

It doesn’t always have to be trans women. In rare cases, women can be born with something called a triple chromosome. It isn’t always surgery.

1 Like

Oh boi. It’s a tuf subject. Won’t argue, but I have a different perspective.

1 Like

Lol wtf I wasn’t even aware!

I guess you really do learn something new everyday

1 Like

Of course, that’s just what I was thinking about.

1 Like

Lol :joy: I learned from my science teacher.

1 Like

Ah right. Sorry :sweat_smile:

1 Like

We already clone plants. Clones still need to go through the growing process, so farmers are not out of a job. It’s not the sci-fi version of cloning where a plant just appears out of thin air (yet)!

2 Likes

I’m way too scared of that, although it would be interesting, I could imagine it ending badly.

While I agree that gender equality is important, this is not fair. What if the male (or female) in this situation is actually more qualified, because they are way more experienced? I’m a feminist, but a quota of any kind is bad.

I’m quite the opposite of Barbie, but growing up I loved her. I loved the movies and the dolls of Barbie but I have never seen barbie as a role model. I never compared myself to her, although I have issues with myself, but none of these issues were caused through a doll.

YES. I’m not part of the community, but love. is. love.
Why do people care so much about who loves who?

Yes, in my opinion, it does. Graffiti is an art, behind it lies passion and work. Of course, as long as it is done legally.

I am not really educated on this topic, but I think I agree.

Yes. I am not even the biggest fan of animals, I’m afraid of most, but Zoos are just animal cruelty. No one deserves living in a cage for the entertainment of millions.

And again, animal cruelty. If you wouldn’t do it to humans, don’t do it to an animal.

2 Likes

What was you science teacher even talking about that lead to this? :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Mmm… no. It’s scaryyy :see_no_evil:

Okay, well. Equality is super important, and if that were to happen, it would be great… for some companies. Firstly, what if there are not enough of either gender? Is the company just going to have to have a tiny amount of staff, are people going to have to be forced to work in it to fulfill this ‘criteria’? And whilst I guess this would lead to equality, it’s putting a bandage on cut that needs to be cleaned. This might not even teach people that gender and general equality should be a thing. For many, it could just be some annoying checklist to fill. ‘Ugh’. And honestly, some women suit some jobs and some men suit some jobs, there will always be exceptions and some jobs will suit both genders. Maybe because of mindset, gender, physicality, interests. I mean, you don’t really want to have a male gynaecologist look at your female parts, right?

No, I don’t even- who in the freaking world said this? Tell me so that I can slap some sense into them. No! They’re bits of plastic with paint on them. Girls feel pressured to have big boobs, blonde hair, blue eyes, to be skinny, to be tall. I have big boobs and gurl, I hate it. I have black hair and I love it. I have dark brown eyes which turn honey in the sun. I’m a complete shortie and people say that’s cute, so. Barbie needs help. She needs to eat more food!

Funny lil' picture of barbie proportions on a real human.

Image result for barbie in real life proportions

Um, duh! Let there be love and cake!

All zoos that cage their poor animals up in a tiny little cage shouldn’t even have existed in the first place. However, I have been to a lot of zoos that try their best to imitate an animal’s natural habitat in quite a large space, actually. There are little cameras in some of the places we might not be able to see.

No. Only for medical purposes, maybe:

But not for cosmetics, that’s terrible.

I don’t call male genitalia and curse words scribbled everywhere art, so yes.

Oh, yes. I was on a mental health discord server a while ago and met a drug addict. He didn’t try to sell me drugs, nope. He was always so overjoyed when he resisted the urge to take something and was so sadly ashamed of himself when he did. He really was trying to get better. Why would you lock a drug addict up in jail and leave them there to rot when they could be having therapy and doing something beneficial with their lives?

1 Like

I agree, and even if that was the case, as technology develops, more jobs are created in entirely new sectors, so the future probably won’t be as grim as people imagine it to be.

2 Likes

We were talking about the male and female reproductive system. Then, I don’t remember how, but we began talking about a woman athlete who has a triple chromosome and naturally produces testosterone. :joy:

That’s really cool. I hadn’t thought of that

2 Likes