Discussion: SOME Authors

Note: THIS IS NOT A HATE THREAD AGAINST AUTHORS! IT’S A THREAD DISCUSSING HOW WE FEEL ABOUT SOME OF THEM AND THEIR ACTIONS! NO ONE IS BULLYING THEM OR ATTACKING! That’s all.

Continuing from the previous discussion that was wrongfully closed.

I would like to add one something, mainly about some of the Black authors. It’s like some of them are so hypocritical. They complain about there not being enough black on black love, black Mc’s being non-customizable, etc. but be apart of the problem to why. I know some black authors that have added customization to their black Mc’s and not even limited, full but complain about them being customizable all the time. They even admitted they were apart of the issue, which just baffles me. Along with saying there isn’t enough black love yet constantly promote and show interracial relationships in their stories and sharing the ones their friends or others made with them. I don’t have a problem with interracial relationships but if you constantly promote it and complain about there not being same race relationships then it’s just stupid and hypocritical.

21 Likes

It didn’t deserve it. :pensive:

1 Like

I agree with you

1 Like

Smh.

1 Like

I’m not even sure if this is the right place to post this :sweat_smile:
But hi! I’m just here to complain about some authors who are getting bigger, This is completely my opinion so don’t come @ me for this thread plz!! (just felt like ranting out haha)
Anyways, I feel like some authors who are getting bigger (I’m not gonna say who) are constantly changing and getting ruder, and I feel like they have no originality and just impersonating Saige’s (author of tng) personality?? Cuz they use the same phrase etc. They like leave our dms on seen (or is it just me) and I didn’t even ask for the updates…also they r just like “Thx”, “Lol”-- I mean is it that hard to type in a few words are emojis and show a bit of enthusiasm?
I know its really stressful and hard to write such amazing stories, but I feel like some authors should appreciate the readers too.
THIS IS JUST MY OPINION!!

18 Likes

sometimes it can be hard to come up with something to write

also a personal thing is i dont use emojies.actually i am still calling them smiles,

3 Likes

Eh, I don’t take offense to being left on seen.
The successful authors can sometimes get an overwhelming amount of DMs and fan mail

13 Likes

I get it. But some authors may not have the time

5 Likes

A lot of authors don’t have time.

And to be fair, it’s really stressful to reply to a ton of messages all the time.

I don’t respond to every text message on time (or sometimes at all), not to be petty or ignore someone - but in an essence, you’re still talking to someone and giving them your time and coming up with thoughtful responses - and that can be draining.

I’m sure most authors are not being rude. A lot of people just don’t have time. Also sometimes answering the same question over and over again is tiring.

14 Likes

I don’t think this is a huge problem with upcoming authors but it does happen! I don’t mind being left on seen because we all get busy, but there are certain big authors (including quite a few who have been big for a while) who are quite rude! I’ve seen them struggle to take criticism and get really annoyed if one person on the forums says they didn’t like the story. I’ve seen them using their audience to shame smaller authors. Some of the stuff they do is nasty!

18 Likes

THIS.

11 Likes

I saw a post not too long ago about where someone talked about turning off fanmail because of the insane amount they got after having a story on a shelf. Like no matter how much they answered the number just kept going up. I image it can be the same on Instagram, if the author is getting bigger and they get a lot of messages. It can be overwhelming and very draining answering everything.

So being left on seen would be no big deal for me. Rude messages is another thing, but not getting an answer I would understand.

15 Likes

Well, I imagine if you walked a mile in their shoes you would see things from a different perspective. The amount of fan mail and messages they receive is beyond overwhelming.

2 Likes

And the conversation just becomes authors’ DMs :slightly_frowning_face::slightly_frowning_face::slightly_frowning_face:

Why is every time someone opens a thread like this and people get stuck on loop? Authors don’t have enough time to read DMs okay, thank you what’s next?

Can we also talk about authors being disrespectful to anyone who has criticism? (not harsh, some respectful criticism) This is something most authors do, why not bring light to this issue as the OP wants to? Why is always one thing that is only ever talked about?

13 Likes

Because a topic about DMs got merged into this one so all the replies were already about DMs :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Since somehow two different threads got merged, here’s a topic starter; did you ever feel like you ever being disrespected or attacked by someone just because you gave them constructive criticism? Doesn’t need to be small/popular or whatever label you have of authors. (Please do not give any names and have the thread closed)

4 Likes

Some authors are very very rude in their stories and like talk down to you as a reader, why they do that??

1 Like

I have never reach out to author on Instagram, are they really that rude there too??

Hasn’t happened to me on my review thread (yet) but I have seen folks on other threads ask for a review and then get pissed off about recieving constructive criticism…

9 Likes

That gets on my nerves… I’ve seen a lot of them too.

It’s like, they didn’t ask for a review, they just want some nice words. Meh.

9 Likes