Discussion: SOME Authors

Or they just want you to add to their read count :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

7 Likes

Ohh I know a lot of people like that too.

If I ever had to review one of those people, I would just review the first episode and say my app glitched and I can’t continue, they don’t deserve the time reviewers give them. :woman_shrugging:t2:

8 Likes

Yes, like Ivy said, I’ve been asked for a review and then had the author get annoyed at me.

14 Likes

There is this book that’s gotten popular. So i read the first 3 chapters, then i stopped reading the book to try out other books for a while. Then a couple months after, i decide to resume reading it. Now keep in mind that during that gap of not reading the book, i had read MANY others, and i did lots of customization. So when i resumed reading the book, I didn’t remember where in the story i had left off or how the story was. But anyways, me being confused, I comment on her instagram, “my love interest Killian looks different, I didn’t make his eyes and mouth like that”. Now the reason why i got confused was because during the gap, I had read a story where the Ll looked exactly like Killian, except his mouth was uneven and his eyes sarcastic (just how i like my episode boys lol). So a harmless confusion. Instead of replying with something like “I think you have my story confused with another since mine has no customization”, she commented in the rudest and most prideful way. She was all like, “what are you even talking about? I don’t put customization in my stories, and you should’ve noticed that by now considering they’re all well-known” Like you’re just gonna assume that I’ve read all your stories already, just because your story is so successful? Like she just automatically expected to know who she is and be very familiar with her books on episode because she’s popular.

13 Likes

yepp yep yep. read my comment I just put because it tells the story of my exchange with a popular epi author on ig

2 Likes

like their fine about reviewing others’ books when their own are not popular, but once they get well-known, they become prideful and entitled

8 Likes

Oh, well in my case it wasn’t a very well known author. I can’t say I’ve had experiences with popular authors. There’s a few who I would consider popular but they wouldn’t label themselves as that, but even then it’s been positive experiences… Maybe I am just lucky?

3 Likes

lol u are because i had an experience with a well known author :sleepy::kissing_heart:

Well I’d like to think one author does not represent every author. I hope this hasn’t tainted your opinion of all popular authors, because there are many who are nice and appreciate feedback and interact positively with their fans

11 Likes

I was reading a story and I noticed a spelling error so I took a screenshot and messaged the author in the most respectful way possible.
I messaged Sorry to bother you but I think that you didn’t notice the spelling error.
Love your story. And something else like that I don’t remember exactly.
Then the author replied by : It doesn’t really matter.
And I know it was not a big deal to have a spelling error.
But I was very disappointed because how can you as an author think a spelling error is okay.
That just shows your dedication :unamused:

8 Likes

damn. was she a well-known author?

Lol to be honest, if the error was in the most recent episode I’ll usually leave it until I’m a few more episodes ahead as I don’t want to make people replay over something small.

10 Likes

no it hasn’t i was just speaking of that one author. The others i’ve talked to are kind and helpful

1 Like

She’s getting famous. I think !

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing too.
Then the author should’ve replied by thanks for noticing! I’ll correct it next time or something like that.
But it doesn’t really matter really bugged me.

1 Like

:blush: I get your point if English grammar is not easy and someone is trying to help you what would you do?
Tell them it doesn’t matter or thank them?

I understand it may have rubbed you the wrong way, but you have to realize the author saying “it doesn’t matter” really isn’t attacking you in any way. I’d rather thank someone for noticing my grammar error instead of telling them it doesn’t matter, but then again that author may get hundreds of fanmails/dms telling them the same thing. It honestly gets annoying, which results in the author giving “irritable” responses. Not your fault, but there’s no need to blame the author either.

9 Likes

To be fair, you gave them unsolicited advice, which, while your intentions were good and you intended to help - it wasn’t like she asked for grammar advice?

So I can see why her response may have been short, but honestly her response doesn’t come off as rude either way. It would’ve been nice if she thanked you, but she doesn’t have to.

Also we’re all human and make mistakes, especially with grammar. Like @Mehasels said, English isn’t easy for everyone.

And as @EliseC said, editing over small spelling errors can just cause people to yell at you for making them replay lol.

9 Likes

I’ve had to turn fanmail off in the past because I started getting snarky after getting the same questions over and over lol.

4 Likes

I can imagine. It happens so frequently and people don’t even realize how annoying they can get.

2 Likes