Discussion: Some Popular Authors

I have noticed a pattern with some of these popular authors. It’s like some of them come on the forums and start drama with people and then go back and complain about drama on the forums. :roll_eyes: Not just the forums, on Instagram as well. Getting into arguments with others over the littlest things, exposing others for no reason, just acting childish as a whole. They even pop off at you for giving them a little criticism. Constructive or not. :unamused: But they are some of the ones that tell you “reads are not important, do your story for yourself” and do the exact opposite. They even say or do things to get people to rise over a small situation. Some even use their supporters as a backup and an advantage to get away with most things. It’s disgusting and messed up period. Just because you have some fame doesn’t mean you need to act like that. Be respectful and set an example to this community. :face_with_thermometer: That’s all I ask. Sigh Though, this is just my intake on some of the popular authors. I’m not generalizing. I’m only talking about some of them. Do you agree with what I said? Do you disagree? Comment what you think but be respectful. :relieved:

Note - This is not a thread to start any arguments. I’m not coming after anyone, I’m just stating my opinion. This is what I see and how I feel. I don’t mean to cause no harm or insult anyone. If you have a problem, please DM me. Thanks. :blush:

27 Likes

I have actually not seen any popular authors act irrationally, but I can imagine why some of do. For example, I think many social media influencers and celebrities act however they would like because their fame and crazy fan base “protects” them. Sorry sweet pea, but your actions do have consequences!

7 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

I remember someone just saying one thing to a popular author on these forums and it wasn’t even mean but the author got Big Mad at them. I just shook my head. So immature. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Some of them are just such hypocrites and it’s annoying. Be the better person! People look up to you, start acting like it.

3 Likes

If a author were to talk to me disrespectful like that, popular idc, I’m throwing hands. PERIOD! :speaking_head:

5 Likes

I agree girl! It’s sad that the Episode community is a bit divided to the extent that there are popular authors and small authors. To be honest, I’ve been noticing that a lot of popular authors support each other; they read their fellow popular authors’ stories. I am not making this up because I seen this throughout Instagram… I can tell you from experience that I’ve contacted some popular authors through Instagram about them reading my story and being supportive of me, they never responded back to me. Unfortunately, I don’t know why, but I thought authors are supposed to support each other within the Episode community not ignore them… Just saying.

11 Likes

I know that bigger authors are not obligated to promote the stories of smaller authors, but I still feel like it would show that you are at least a decent person to give some of the spotlight to someone that would genuinely appreciate it. We all have to start somewhere.

14 Likes

Thank you! And I can see how it feels. That’s messed up. It funny how some tell us to support each other but don’t do the same for small authors. Sad.

5 Likes

Right.

1 Like

I’m sorta new to instagram, so I haven’t seen much of exactly what you’re talking about, but your post reminds me of how crazy so many popular author’s went over the trending rank update. I lost so much respect for so many people who took part of that “strike”. It made them come across as if they only write their stories for the fame. There was one in particular who made a comment that just sounded like she was complaining people had taken a spot in the rank that was rightfully hers and that’s why she was striking… Then once the ranks were all changed, she replied to someone who’s rank had dropped again saying that they shouldn’t care about ranks or reads and should only be writing because they enjoy it :roll_eyes:

So I do agree with what you’re saying. Definitely don’t feel like it’s all popular authors who are like this, but for the handful that are, it’s extremely disappointing. They should use their platform for more good. I think they also ruin the reputation of others too. They make it feel like it’s an “us” vs “them” type of situation where we all have to be boxed into some kind of label. So other popular authors who a lot nicer and diplomatic will see that people think all popular authors are mean, for example, when really it’s just a select few and they’re just getting swept up with that generalization.

24 Likes

It’s definitely not all. That’s why I put emphasis on some. And the ranking glitch definitely exposed some true colors of them. I unfollowed a lot of authors after that because they were acting very arrogant and stubborn.

8 Likes

I agree. I wish popular authors would realize how big their platform is and by posting screenshots of people/the forums of opinions that aren’t complimentary of them without consent is wrong and opens people up to harassment just because they have a different opinion. There’s a difference if it’s straight up hating but if it’s criticism getting all sensitive to it and posting it publicly without consent so their fans can attack people who have different opinions is just plain gross and a misuse of their platform honestly.

9 Likes

Omg when the ranking glitch happened I was so grossed out by how some big authors reacted. Your payment plan is a privilege not a salary lol. The issue is about fair rankings not your loss of profit lol. Their true colors came out and now I don’t look at some authors who I appreciated in the past the same way.

8 Likes

Yeah, I do agree. I’m not hating on popular authors or anything, but I just feel like they should know the struggle of gaining readers when a new author or small author is writing a story. They’ve been through it; they had to in order to get where they are now.

3 Likes

So disappointed. Smh :woman_facepalming:t5:

:clap:t4:

I hope my friends don’t atart acting like this once their stories progress. :flushed:

5 Likes

I will become the supreme ruler and hijack the forums. :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

:anguished:

1 Like