Discussion: Some Popular Authors

Yeah, unfortunately because I’ve experienced them🤦🏽‍♀️

Oh well I’ve never experienced that :frowning: That is why I said authors should like getting fan mail because I do. I don’t get a lot of fan mail or authors contacting me through DMs. I wouldn’t understand the struggle of answering over 100 fan mails because I’ve never experienced it​:disappointed: I don’t know why either.

I don’t even get that many and I have to admit I’ve dropped the ball a bit lol but 9 times out of 10 it’s either “c0nt1nuE” or “Your character is naked” (Stupid glitch ahahhahhaha)
I personally find it much easier to be responsive in DMs. With fanmail, you can’t actually speak to your readers. They don’t get a notification when you respond so you just have to hope they see it.

But I have seen some authors show that they have thousands that rack up really quickly and understandably, that’s really hard to get through.

8 Likes

I know it’s easy to say everyone should be grateful for fanmails… But the thing is that just because someone sends you a fanmail, it doesn’t actually mean it’s a fanmail. Some people get harassed and name called in their fanmails. Like, direct attacks. I don’t think anyone needs to be grateful that someone’s sent them an attack. I think everyone can say that they’re thrilled to get fanmail that are actually proper fanmails.

14 Likes

Clover, may I just say, of all the featured stories I think FLTL was one of the best!
I played through the different endings and I was SO proud of you for making the Stinson ending a “bad” one!

5 Likes

I’m just going to shamelessly share a meme I made …

18 Likes

Like Arden Cole :frowning: People were so vicious to her and I think that’s why she stopped writing. Which is such a shame.

3 Likes

I know of authors who get threats (about updating) when they post sneak peeks so they don’t even do that.

It can be overwhelming.

3 Likes

I see what you’re saying.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

Also @Briana_M I know you really would appreciate some fanmail, but I would be careful not to assume that authors are being ungrateful or unappreciative if they’re overwhelmed by the volume and/or content and I think that’s all we’re trying to say.

10 Likes

Being famous in Episode, is like being rich in Monopoly.

11 Likes

Okay

1 Like

Explain? :smile:
EDIT - Nevermind! My exhausted brain finally made the connection :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

If you think actual harassment isn’t bullying but disagreeing and calling out bad actions is, you need to do your research on what bullying is and think.

2 Likes

“Helping both sides” but hasn’t even defended @ZADDY once. Not once! But the defended the actual bully.

2 Likes

That’s not necessarily true. Sure a lot of popular authors can act entitled and a bit rude, but some of them actually deserve the reads they have. I’m all for helping other smaller authors, but we can’t generalise all popular authors together.

5 Likes

Closed as this thread has deviated wildly from its intended purpose and is violating Forum General Rules:

Any members found to have violated these rules may have their account temporarily silenced or suspended. Please refrain from doing this in the future. Thanks