DISCUSSION : "stealing" color palettes or poses

Okay everyone has their own opinion so I would love to hear what y’all think

But like, YOU CANT STEAL A POSE OR A MASH OF COLORS

Why not? Because bro, the human body can move it’s limbs in every shape or form! No one is original original anymore! You cant say you made a certain pose out of your own head because MOST likely, SOMEONE HAS ALREADY MADE THAT POSE! I cannot stress enough when I say it’s annoying people claim a pose as their own. I get if they are saying not to use the little pose thingy they made out of cutted out limbs from episode characters and say they made that CERTAIN image, but they arent taking YOUR POSE if they are using the same concept. Because no matter what, we are in 2019 and everything comes from an inspiration and nothing is fully original ANYMORE. So no, you dont have your own pose because you body can move any way and other people have most likely came up with that too, and got it from an Inspiration. You cant really draw a face, body etc without looking hard and studying hard to figure out how it goes, you kind of HAVE TO study it before you go out and make something your own and make it yourself. Mostly same with color palletes!! Anyone in the world that you dont even know about prolly used the same colors!! Its like saying no one is allowed to make an image with green grass and a blue sky and a yellow sun because they used the same colors as another image! That’s not how it works brooooo!!!
I said what I said.

Anyways, what about you guys? What do you think about the sentence “stealing color palletes” or “poses”?

5 Likes

@lanafrazer_episode @amberose @AMagic @Chocolate_Mama @keiji @cece_hunter @Blonde_Glasses_Girl
@Bridi

2 Likes

I’ve never seen someone say that but if I did I would be slightly confused :sweat_smile: I mean like you said it’s like something natural so it doesn’t make sense if someone stole a pose or something or a color palette. But hey I’m no artist so I have no room to talk :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah but you’re right lol

1 Like

I agree 100%%%%%%

1 Like

I’m glad, I just hate when people are like “dont steal my poseee” like bro not even yours

1 Like

Facts, you know how many people have that.

1 Like

A lot of people say that on the art thread and it’s stupid!

2 Likes

True!

1 Like

Iike it irks me

To stop people stealing others art other people scribble across it so others can’t see it. Or use it.

1 Like

When I know the pose is identical (I mean line for line) to something I’ve seen before, them I’ll tell them to give credit to the original artist of the base. But I hate it when people say “those are my colours you can’t use it” or art styles. My own art style is literally identical to loads I’ve seen before. Humans are alike - we are most likely going to think of the same things. Again, unless they’ve literally taken my art and reposted it, only then will I get angry.

You cannot claim art styles.

2 Likes

Exactlyyyy

1 Like

For colour palettes, I do think that people have the ability to make their own - I mean, its not that hard, you have a whole colour spectrum. Now, I don’t think you can necessarily ‘steal’ colour palettes (unless you mean its a different outline, but the colouring is EXACTLY the same). However, when it comes to poses, its okay if you haven’t studied anatomy before and you’re using base poses, but it becomes a problem when you: a) don’t ask the artist for permission, or b) you don’t credit the artist.

1 Like

Makes sense

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.